Subject: Re: [amqp] new addressing draft for monday

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for preparing the draft. Some early comments from my side.

I think the chapter 4 outlines several concepts, but does so without puting
them into a context with each other and without explaining why we need
these concept and what they will be useful for ... to be more specific:
- Where exactly do you expect to use the address patterns with the
wildcards (chapter 4.2.1)? Is it expected to use them in source addresses?
Is it expected to use them in the dynamic routing to make the propagation
of the routing information more effective?
- You mention that the anonymous terminus (chapter 4.4) can be used by the
relay nodes. Can you elaborate a bit more on it and perhaps add some
example diagrams?
- How are the legacy addresses (chapter 4.4) expected to work with networks
where the message is passed across multiple nodes - e.g. with federation /
relays etc.?
- When using the dynamic routing to propagate the addresses in a large AMQP
networks, it will need to establish a link for every address it wants to
propagate. This can result in a significant amount of links just to
propagate the addresses, which might never be used. Are we sure that this
will not cause any side-problems?
- I assume the purpose of dynamic routing is with networks of relay nodes
or in some federation scenarios, correct? Can we add it to the chapter 4.7?
- How will request/response work with relay nodes and dynamic routes? Can
you add a diagram for that?

Thanks & Regards
Jakub

Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o.
Managing Directors/Geschäftsführung:
Michael Gassmann, Mats Andersson.
Limited liability company with registered office at
Sokolovská 662/136B, CZ-186 00 Prague 8
recorded in the Commercial Register IC: 275 77 015.
Maintained by the city court in Prague,
Sec. C, File No. 116874.

|---------------------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
|Rafael Schloming           |                                                                                                                        |
|<rafaels@redhat.com>       |                                                                                                                        |
|Sent by:                   |                                                                                                                      To|
|<amqp@lists.oasis-open.org>|        "amqp@lists.oasis-open.org" <amqp@lists.oasis-open.org>                                                         |
|                           |                                                                                                                      cc|
|                           |                                                                                                                        |
|14/09/2013 13:04           |                                                                                                                 Subject|
|                           |        [amqp] new addressing draft for monday                                                                          |
|                           |                                                                                                                        |
|     Please respond to     |                                                                                                                        |
|     rafaels@redhat.com    |                                                                                                                        |
|                           |                                                                                                                        |
|                           |                                                                                                                        |
|---------------------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
  >---------------------------|
  |                           |
  >---------------------------|

I've uploaded a new addressing draft for the Monday TC meeting:

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/amqp/download.php/50701/amqp-addressing-v1.0-wd01.pdf

Changes from the previous draft address (most of) the notes from the
last addressing meeting. I've copied the meeting notes here so people
have an idea where to look for the changes:

 Section 3:
   - add examples of service records including non tcp
   - define what happens for multiple service records, is there a
     preference order?
   - link out to a registry for the protocol fields

 Section 4.1:
   - Second sentance: that should be rewritten to speak of equivalence
     between to matching target and to being null

 Section 4.2:
   - define relay node first and seperately
   - add examples with patterns
   - make anonymous terminus section be solely the definition of the
     capability that indicates the null address refers to a relay node
   - what happens when a message can't be relayed?

 Move Patterns -> Routing

 Section 4.5:
   - add node property to advertise this capability (if you advertize
     to me I am capable of routing back to you)
   - do relay nodes support this property?
   - call out use in request/response with some sort of examples

 Update all the meta sections

--Rafael

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, informieren Sie bitte
sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese E-Mail. Das unbefugte Kopieren
dieser E-Mail oder die unbefugte Weitergabe der enthaltenen Informationen
ist nicht gestattet.

The information contained in this message is confidential or protected by
law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and
unauthorised distribution of the information contained herein is prohibited.

Legally required information for business correspondence/
Gesetzliche Pflichtangaben fuer Geschaeftskorrespondenz:
http://deutsche-boerse.com/letterhead