Subject: RE: [amqp] Groups - AMQP Management v1.0 WD07 uploaded

1) I'll fix that... I'd suggest we use a comma separated list or something

2) That's a mistake in 3.1, the type of the body will be dependent upon the operation - I'll fix

3) In general I think it is better to have the parameters in the message properties rather than the body.  Certainly in cases like create where you want to distinguish between attributes of the operation and attributes of the entity you want to be created.

The attributes parameter is rather a special case... ideally it should be in the header - I really don't like where it is now.  We could have put them in the header as a comma separated list within a string or something (I think I probably prefer that approach) - though that would have required more parsing on the server side. I'm open if anyone has any strong feeling on this.

-- Rob

Legally required information for business correspondence/Gesetzliche Pflichtangaben für Geschäftskorrespondenz:
http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/international/germany/email

-----Original Message-----
From: amqp@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:amqp@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Jakub.Scholz@deutsche-boerse.com
Sent: 27 February 2014 14:49
To: amqp@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi David,

I had a look at this version and I have some comments / questions:

1) The chapter 3.1 - which specifies the application properties which are common for all requests - contains the locales property defined as a list - I assume it should either use a different type or be moved to the message body similarly as you did it with the attributes list in the QUERY request in WD06 version.

2) Again in the chapter 3.1, it says that the body must be an amqp-value section containing a single map. However the QUERY request (3.4.1.1) says that the body must consist of an amqp-value section containing a list of string elements. I would assume that we need to pack the list into the map as required by chapter 3.1, or?

3) Originally, we had most of the parameters in the application properties but now it is mixed between application properties and the message body. On an example of the QUERY request, is there some reason why do we still have the entityType, offset or count in the application properties? Does it bring any advantage? Would it be easier to have everything apart from the operation and type in the message body?

Thanks & Regards
Jakub