Subject: Re: [amqp] Addressing Meeting

Guys, I may miss this due to being on vacation in Austria.

Looking at the notes in the linked document, I do think it important not to forget about the Q in AMQP.  The core protocol is transfer of responsibility, and is purposefully light on queuing. However some of those use cases work best when the addressed service being communicated with is a queue and the application service is on the other side of that queue, especially when any kind of temporal separation is required between a requesting application and a receiving application.

I agree with Rafi that getting clarity on the interpretation of addressed service by the basis communities that have an interest in AMQP in the different fields it can be applied in is important (convergence rather than orbit, as he says).

I have voiced my industry's need for brokered communications between political entities on many occasions and it remains my view that AMQP needs to support that community well, since that is one of the few use cases not adequately supported by other protocols.

Kind regards
John