Subject: AMQP Management WD09

I have one question for discussion...

Section 2.5.1 - The mandatory 'name' attribute.

I recall talking about the scope of uniqueness for the name being
changed from 'the management node' to 'the entity type within the
management node'.  Did we decide one way or the other on this question?

As it currently stands, implementers will need to include the type name
in the name to ensure uniqueness.  This is somewhat awkward.  It also
means that clients that use CREATE can't simply create a queue named
"myQueue".  They will need to create
"com.example.broker.priorityQueue.myQueue" and whatever tool, API, or
console that is used will need to be supplied with logic to translate
the names into something more user-friendly for display.

Another way that implementers may react to this requirement might be to
create a preponderance of different management nodes to reduce the scope
of the namespaces.  This might not be what we intend.

-Ted