Subject: Re: [amqp] [management] Proposal for event notifications (initial outline)

On Fri, 2015-02-13 at 10:26 +0100, Jakub.Scholz@deutsche-boerse.com
wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> I think this would be very useful addition to the management spec.
>
> But I'm not sure I like the way how you link the eventType with the
> entityType. Is there any particular reason why you want to have the
> entityType included in the eventType? Why not have them as two separate
> attributes, where the entityType would be optional?

Yes, that was half-baked. I should have applied the rule "when you say
MAY, better throw it away!"

Lets drop that and just say:

"Implementers MAY define their own Event Types which MUST be named using
a reverse domain name (e.g. "com.example.broker.queueDeleted") for a
domain name owned by the implementer."

Leave it up to implementers to choose naming conventions and include
entityType or other optional attributes in their events. That is better,
thanks!