Subject: Re: [amqp] Groups - amqp-man-v1 0-wd11.doc uploaded

Hi,

After the last TC call I finally managed to find some time to review the
specs ... bellow are few questions / comments ...

1) What does it really mean when one entity type extends another type? I
assume it means that it has to take over all attributes, operations and
type annotations from the original entity type. Does this also include the
possibility to treat the entity as the parent type (e.g. when I do READ or
DELETE operations on a particular entity of type com.example.priorityqueue
- can I do that by using type org.amqp.queue which it extends)? I think we
should specify in the document what exactly extending means.

2) The second paragraph in chapter 2.4 states that "Each AMQP container
MUST provide a Management Node with address $management". Since the AMQP
clients (e.g. a JMS client) are also AMQP containers (or?) - do we really
expect them to have the management node?

3) Most requests (e.g. READ, UPDATE) contain the entity type and the means
to identify a specific manageable entity (using identity or index
atribute). What error code should be returned when the manageable entity
specified in the index exists, but has a different entity type than
specified in the request? (for example I request READ with
type=orq.amqp.queue with identity=user1 ... identity=user1 exists, but it
has type org.amqp.user, not org.amqp.queue) Should this return HTTP 404?

4) Chapter 3.4, second paragraph refers to request's standard
application-properties name and identity as described in chapter 3.1. But
the name and identity are not part of 3.1 anymore. They should be removed.

5) In the GET-ATTRIBUTES and GET-OPERATIONS operations, the entityType
property limits the operation only to the specific type - i.e. it does not
include the types which extend it. However, in GET-ANNOTATIONS the types
extending the entityType are included in the results. Is that intentional?
I would expect these three to behave in the same way. Is there some
particular reason why the should behave differently?

6) To be honest, I'm a bit confused by the annotations. They seem to be a
bit "half baked" to me. Right now, they cannot be used for anything. They
are basically just a label which can be applied to entity types, nothing
else. What is the actual usecase behind them? To make them a bit useful, it
would be nice to have them interchangeable with types - so that I can for
example QUERY with entityType=com.example.stoppable and get all entities
which implement com.example.stoppable annotation as a response.

Thanks & Regards
Jakub