Subject: Groups - linkpair uploaded

Submitter's message
All,

After the last TC meeting a number of us agreed to go away and try to make some progress on the various work streams that we have outstanding. One of the building blocks that a lot of the other streams were waiting on was a definition of how to do direct request-response messaging without requiring an intermediary.

After some discussions amongst the interested parties we came up with the idea of "link pairing" which is described in this document.

I have a number of other documents that I'll be putting out over the next week or two. Please send any comments/suggestions to this list. I'll aim to set up regular TC meetings once everybody's clocks are in sync again :-)

-- Rob Godfrey
Document Name: linkpair

Description
AMQP defines links as unidirectional transport for messages between a
source and a target. A common messaging pattern is that of
"request-response", that is, two parties partaking in a bidirectional
conversation using messages. This document defines a common pattern for
pairing two unidirectional links to create a bidirectional message
transport between two endpoints.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Rob Godfrey
Group: OASIS Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) TC
Folder: Working Documents
Date submitted: 2017-03-10 01:48:07