Subject: Re: [amqp] Any topics for today's TC meeting?

On 6 October 2017 at 13:16, Clemens Vasters <clemensv@microsoft.com> wrote:

Hello Rob,

from the Microsoft side I don’t have any updates right now, mostly due to the fact that the company is somewhat reorganizing the standards engagement roles, as I told you separately.  As an effect of that, the AMQP CBS editor is right now “parked” with me.

I would like get to a very regular cadence and a model where the TC spreads the workload of the chair such that we can make solid progress across the whole set of drafts even when you are not available, Rob. To help with that, we will propose a Microsoft candidate for the co-chair in the next couple of weeks; if things stay as they are that’ll be me.

I also think that another F2F or at least some focused 2-3h online meetings for each of the in-flight specs would help us getting things sped up.

+1 I think some focussed time to make progress across our existing working drafts and bring them to a point where we believe them to be complete would be very beneficial.  I also think a F2F to cover the broader topics (such the whole addressing model / how AMQP components can connect together into larger AMQP networks) would help enormously.

OK - unless I hear otherwise from anyone in the next 50 minutes or so, I'll cancel today's call and use the time to update as many working drafts as I can with issues raised in JIRAs.  I also plan to have a crack at implementing examples of link pairing and response routing over the weekend.

-- Rob

Best Regards

Clemens