Subject: Re: [amqp] Addressing Scope Identifiers and Anonymous Terminus

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 1:08 PM Clemens Vasters <clemensv@microsoft.com> wrote:

When a scope identifier is used in an link target address and I try, for instance, to attach to âtarget:(example.com)â, Iâm practically asking for a link route to example.comâs anonymous terminus. Thus, implicitly, for a container that supports routing, any scope-identifier maps to a logical routing node.

Now, when I finally get to example.com, âtarget:(example.com)â isnât describing the anonymous terminus because the address isnât empty.

Because in AMQP 1.0 2.6.3, the target is explicitly permitted to update the properties of a link as it sends its accepting attach frame, I now plan to mandate in the addressing spec that containers that claim ownership of a given scope-identifier always strip that scope identifier from the updated link properties as they respond to attach.

That then results in âtarget:(example.com)â turning into âtarget:â and is therefore the anonymous terminus.

Thoughts?

Can this also be applied to dynamic termini? i.e. can an endpoint request a link-route to a dynamic source on example.com?

cid:image002.jpg@01CD8B42.2D0DE480

Clemens Vasters

Messaging Platform Architect

Microsoft Azure

Ã+49 151 44063557

* clemensv@microsoft.com Â
European Microsoft Innovation Center GmbH |ÂGewÃrzmÃhlstrasse 11Â| 80539 Munich| Germany
GeschÃftsfÃhrer/General Managers: Keith Dolliver, Benjamin O. OrndorffÂ
Amtsgericht Aachen, HRB 12066