Subject: Re: [amqp] Addressing Scope Identifiers and Anonymous Terminus

On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 at 15:23, Ted Ross <tross@redhat.com> wrote:

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 1:08 PM Clemens Vasters <clemensv@microsoft.com> wrote:

When a scope identifier is used in an link target address and I try, for instance, to attach to âtarget:(example.com)â, Iâm practically asking for a link route to example.comâs anonymous terminus. Thus, implicitly, for a container that supports routing, any scope-identifier maps to a logical routing node.

Now, when I finally get to example.com, âtarget:(example.com)â isnât describing the anonymous terminus because the address isnât empty.

Because in AMQP 1.0 2.6.3, the target is explicitly permitted to update the properties of a link as it sends its accepting attach frame, I now plan to mandate in the addressing spec that containers that claim ownership of a given scope-identifier always strip that scope identifier from the updated link properties as they respond to attach.

That then results in âtarget:(example.com)â turning into âtarget:â and is therefore the anonymous terminus.

Thoughts?

Can this also be applied to dynamic termini? i.e. can an endpoint request a link-route to a dynamic source on example.com?

I think this would need to be handled in a slightly different way, because if you want the remote side to generate the name, and use dynamic for the side it owns, then you cannot supply an address (e.g. in 3.5.3 "The address of the source MUST NOT be set when sent on aÂattachÂframe sent by the receiving link endpoint where the dynamic flag is set to true (that is where the receiver is requesting the sender to create an addressable node)." ). We could invent a special address "!" or whatever that could be interpretedÂat the example.com border as being "dynamic".

-- Rob

cid:image002.jpg@01CD8B42.2D0DE480

Clemens Vasters

Messaging Platform Architect

Microsoft Azure

Ã+49 151 44063557

* clemensv@microsoft.com Â
European Microsoft Innovation Center GmbH |ÂGewÃrzmÃhlstrasse 11Â| 80539 Munich| Germany
GeschÃftsfÃhrer/General Managers: Keith Dolliver, Benjamin O. OrndorffÂ
Amtsgericht Aachen, HRB 12066

Red Hat GmbH,Âwww.de.redhat.com,
Managing Directors: Paul Argiry, Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael O'Neill