Subject: Re: [amqp] HTTP mapping: "to"

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 8:46 AM Clemens Vasters <clemensv@microsoft.com> wrote:

Hey Alan,

in 6.3 you added a clarification for the request link addresses. The example enumeration items could use a few more words for clarity.

I donât think we should be too specific or even prescriptive here, but the case that also seems worth mentioning is where the âtoâ address is /foo/bar/baz and the container only knows about a node at address /foo. In the HTTP case, itâll be useful for there to be a longest prefix match that matches the âtoâ address to the /foo node and the remaining dispatch work of what /bar/baz means happens inside the node implementation. Since thatâs all about dispatch mechanics, itâs nothing we should be making conformance rules about, but I think itâll help implementers.

Agreed - I also intended for that possible use case to be clear. I'll add some words.

Cheers

Clemens