announce message

Subject: OASIS MEMBER NEWS: EXTRICITY SOFTWARE SELECTED BY COMPUSA

From: Carolynn Sherby <csherby@msx.extricity.com>

EXTRICITY SOFTWARE SELECTED BY COMPUSA TO PROVIDE BUSINESS-TO-BUSINESS
ECOMMERCE SOLUTION BASED ON ROSETTANET E-BUSINESS STANDARDS

REDWOOD SHORES, Calif.- October 19, 1999 - Extricity Software, Inc. has
been
chosen by CompUSA Inc., one of the nation's leading computer retailers, to
undertake a comprehensive business-to-business integration solution based
on
the RosettaNet standards.  RosettaNet is the leading industry standards
body
and consortium focused on delivering pre-defined business-to-business
interface processes for the IT and electronic components supply chain
industries.  CompUSA currently operates 213 CompUSA Computer Superstores
in
83 major metropolitan markets across the United States.

"Currently, we must use different order processing transactions for each
distributor and manufacturer with whom we do business, which is cumbersome
and results in errors," said RosettaNet board member, Honorio J. Padron,
senior vice president, process engineering and chief information officer
for
CompUSA Inc.  "We chose Extricity Software to undertake a comprehensive,
Internet-based business-to-business solution that addresses all aspects of
creating and managing our extensive trading partner community," Padron
stated.

Extricity Software, the leader in providing business-to-business
integration
software for Global 2000 companies, has been an active participant from
the
beginning in RosettaNet's efforts to develop e-business standards.  The
Extricity AllianceSeries family of software products were the first to be
used to implement successful e-business interactions between Solectron
Corp., the leading global contract manufacturer, and Ingram Micro Inc.,
the
world's largest wholesale provider of technology products and services.

Extricity also announced today (see separate release dated October 19,
1999)
a comprehensive new
e-business software solution based on the e-business standards developed
by
RosettaNet.  Extricity AllianceInteract for RosettaNet is available
immediately.

"We are pleased to be providing CompUSA's RosettaNet solution," said Greg
Olsen, Extricity Software co-founder and chief technology officer.  "We
look
forward to working with CompUSA to achieve their goals of vastly improved
supply chain performance through leverage of the Internet," Olsen stated.

"Working with Extricity concretely affirms CompUSA's commitment to
achieving
RosettaNet implementation goals, and underscores their dedication to be up
and running in production by 2/2/2000," said Fadi Chehade, chief executive
officer of RosettaNet.  "Extricity has been a leading solution provider
throughout our pilot phase, and has been working with a large number of
real
customers to ensure the robustness of the RosettaNet e-business process
standards," said Chehade.

About Extricity Software
Extricity Software, Inc. is the premier provider of comprehensive,
packaged
business-to-business software solutions.  The Extricity AllianceSeries
family of XML-based e-commerce solutions allows Global 2000 companies to
dramatically improve both their efficiencies and competitiveness by
leveraging the Internet to automate critical business processes and the
flow
of information between partners, customers and suppliers.

Founded in 1996, Extricity is a privately held company headquartered in
Redwood Shores, Calif. with offices nationwide.  Recently featured in Time
Magazine as an example of highly innovative technology companies that are
creating new business models based on business-to-business (B2B)
electronic
commerce, Extricity was also named by Fortune Magazine as one of the "Top
25
Enterprise Software Companies to Watch".

Extricity has formed strategic partnerships with companies such as Baan,
IBM, Intel, Microsoft, OnDisplay, PeopleSoft, SAP, and TIBCO.
 Additionally,
Extricity is working with major management consulting and systems
integrators, including Andersen Consulting, Cambridge Technology Partners,
IBM Global Services and PricewaterhouseCoopers.

For more information, contact Extricity Software by phone at (650)
596-4500,
via email at info@extricity.com, or on the web at www.extricity.com.

###

Carolynn Sherby