announce message

Subject: OASIS MEMBER NEWS: Enigma to Acquire Inso Corporation's Technical Publishing Business

From:	Anne Shannon [SMTP:AnneS@enigma.com]
Sent:	Wednesday, October 20, 1999 9:59 AM
To:	'info@enigma.com'
Subject:	Enigma to Acquire Inso Corporation's Technical Publishing
Busines	s

Enigma to Acquire Inso Corporation's Technical Publishing Business

Enigma Signs Definitive Agreement to Purchase the DynaWeb/Text  product
suite from Inso Corporation

Burlington, Mass., October 20, 1999 -- Enigma, Inc., the leading provider
of
intelligent content publishing for the Web and offline media, announced
today that it has entered into a definitive agreement to purchase Inso
Corporation's DynaWeb/Text and Synex product lines.  This acquisition
further strengthens Enigma's commitment to providing customers with a
comprehensive e-publishing solution for e-business.

Under the terms of the agreement, the technical publishing component of
Inso's Product Data Management division will be purchased for
approximately
$15.5 million in cash and assumption of liabilities. The transaction will
be
a stock purchase between Enigma Inc. and its affiliate Enigma Information
Systems Ltd. of all the outstanding stock of Inso's subsidiaries, Inso
Providence Corporation and ViewPort Development AB of Stockholm.

With over 250 customers, including some of the world's largest companies,
Inso's technical publishing business provides a strong installed base for
Enigma's investment in the content-rich e-business market.  "Enigma is
committed to providing our customers with comprehensive solutions that
streamline the e-business process," noted Jonathan Yaron, chief executive
officer at Enigma.  "We will invest heavily in Inso's installed base,
because we believe that these companies will increasingly transition their
in-house e-publishing solutions to e-business solutions.  As the market
leaders in high-end SGML/XML e-publishing, we will effectively leverage
the
offerings of both Enigma and Inso, further facilitating our supply chain
strategy of enabling business-to-business e-commerce for the spare parts
market."

The DynaWeb/Text product suite is among the leading solutions that provide
single, highly automated production process for the creation and delivery
of
large, structured documents via the Web or CD-ROM. "Our strategy is to
continue to support and build off the DynaWeb/Text product line to offer
enhanced functionality for all of our customers," stated Randy Clark, vice
president of marketing at Enigma, Inc. "The advanced SGML/XML technologies
of the Inso product will be a great complement to the multi-source
capabilities that we already have in the Enigma product. By further
leveraging the DynaWeb/Text advanced technology with Enigma's enhanced
illustrated parts catalog (eIPC), Xtend, and integration into DMS and ERP
systems, Inso customers will have solid platforms for building Web-based
product support and follow-on selling applications."

"This agreement represents an excellent outcome for Enigma, our
DynaText/Web
and ViewPort customers, and Inso," said Kirby A. Mansfield, President and
Chief Operating Officer of Inso Corporation. "Our DynaText customers
typically use the technology to publish very large technical manuals in
print, CD-ROM and Web formats. These customers will benefit as Enigma is
dedicated to the needs of this community and has the experience and
expertise necessary to support them."

Enigma's INSIGHT intelligent content publishing suite delivers unified and
highly functional Web and CD-ROM publications from any combination of PDF,
FrameMaker, word processing, SGML/XML, and graphic/image source data.
INSIGHT fully automates the content assembly and e-publishing process,
integrating content with a wide set of integrated navigation, viewing, and
search tools.  These access mechanisms are vital to users who depend on
complex, inter-related content to drive e-business, such as maintenance
information, parts catalogs, drawings, and other product support
information.

About Inso

Inso Corporation is a leading provider of solutions for the management,
exchange and dynamic delivery of critical business information. Inso's
award-winning technology enables large corporations to manage, exchange
and
publish all types of information, from the simplest memo to the most
complex
multimedia document. For more information, visit the Inso Web site at
http://www.inso.com.

About Enigma

Enigma, Inc. (http://www.enigma.com) is the leading provider of
intelligent
content publishing solutions to corporate, government and commercial
publishers.   The company's flagship product, INSIGHT, fully automates the
publishing process by turning electronic source documents into intelligent
electronic publications for simultaneous distribution on the Internet and
CD-ROM.  Enigma's knowledge management solution, Xtend, enables the
customization of these publications by allowing end-users to seamlessly
add
their own information to the original data.  Typical applications of
INSIGHT
include technical documentation, reference publications, electronic
textbooks, policy and procedure manuals, and catalogs.  Enigma's rapidly
expanding list of customers includes GE Aircraft Engines, United
Technologies, Rolls-Royce, Rolls-Royce Allison, GaSonics International,
SAP
and Standard and Poor's.  Enigma is a privately held company,
headquartered
in Burlington, Mass. with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Amsterdam,
Toronto, Tokyo and Tel Aviv.

####

Anne Shannon
Enigma Inc.