announce message

Subject: XML Support Soars as OASIS Sees Largest Sponsorship Growth in Its History

XML Support Soars as OASIS Sees Largest Sponsorship Growth in Its History

Aerospatiale, Bowstreet, Cohesia, eCredit.com, InformIT, JetForm, NII
Enterprise Promotion Association, ProNet Technology Partners and StreamServe
Join International XML Consortium

Boston, MA, January 10, 2000-OASIS, the Organization for the Advancement of
Structured Information Standards, welcomed a record number of new sponsor
members. Organizations from Europe, North America and Asia joined in support
of the international non-profit consortium dedicated to the application of
XML. New sponsors include Aerospatiale, Bowstreet, Cohesia, eCredit.com,
InformIT, JetForm, NII Enterprise Promotion Association, ProNet Technology
Partners and StreamServe.

"It's clear the 'wait-and-see' attitude toward XML is long gone. Companies
are moving forward with real solutions and a strong commitment to keeping
the standard open and accessible," said Laura Walker, executive director of
OASIS. "As this surge of new sponsors indicates, OASIS membership
encompasses all the major XML players-users, vendors and consultants alike.
We are especially excited to welcome our first member based in Taiwan, NII
Enterprise Promotion Association. We look forward to the contributions all
our new sponsors will make to the OASIS technical work and applaud their
support of XML interoperability."

The new sponsors will advance the work of OASIS including the XML Registry
and Repository, XML Conformance, DocBook, XML.org-the industry portal for
XML and ebXML-the Electronic Business XML Initiative cosponsored by OASIS
and UN/CEFACT.

About OASIS
OASIS (http://www.oasis-open.org) is a non-profit, international consortium
dedicated solely to product-independent data and content interchange.
Focusing on product interoperability, OASIS embraces the complete spectrum
of structured information standards including XML, SGML and CGM. OASIS
sponsors include Adobe Systems, Aerospatiale, AND-USA, Arbortext, Bentley
Systems, Boeing, Bowstreet, Chrystal Software, Cohesia, Commerce One,
CommerceNet, Corel, DataChannel, DMSi, Documentum, Dun & Bradstreet,
eCredit.com, Enigma, Extricity Software, GCA, IBM, InformIT, Informix,
InterCAP, Interleaf, Interwoven, ISOGEN, ITEDO, JetForm, Keyfile, Microsoft,
NextPage, NII Enterprise Promotion Association, NIST, Object Design, Object
Management Group (OMG), Open Applications Group, Oracle, ProNet Technology
Partners, Reed Technology, Reuters, Sabre, Sequoia Software, SoftQuad,
Software AG, STEP, StreamServe, Sun Microsystems, Synthbank, Wavo, Xerox,
XMLSolutions and XyEnterprise.

About XML.org
XML.org (http://xml.org) is a self-supporting community resource designed to
provide a credible source of accurate, timely information about the
application of XML in industrial and commercial settings. Hosted by OASIS,
the world's leading independent organization for the standardization of XML
applications in electronic commerce, XML.org serves as a reference for XML
DTDs, schemas and related information. Sponsors of XML.org include: Commerce
One, DataChannel, Documentum, GCA, IBM, Oracle, SAP, SoftQuad and Sun
Microsystems.

New OASIS Sponsors Speak Out

"Cohesia Corporation is dedicated to the development and adoption of higher
level structured information standards that will allow for acceleration of
e-business supply-chain initiatives. Organizations like OASIS, that draw
together commercial interests dedicated to defining and implementing these
standards, will ensure the continuation of increases in productivity and
enhanced product quality and delivery.  We look forward to working with the
OASIS community in an effort to devise standards with broad application to
drive the next generation of technological advancements."
--David Terkosky, Vice President, Field Operations, Cohesia Corporation

"At eCredit.com, XML-based integration to our Global Financial Network is an
important component for our real-time credit financing solutions.  OASIS
provides the forum and support for providing our XML-based integration
solution to the business-to-business eCommerce marketplace.  As a sponsoring
member, we look forward to working closely with OASIS and the other member
companies as we add a XML-based interfaces to our real-time credit, loan,
and lease approval capabilities within the eCredit Global Financial
Network."
--Mahantesh Kothiwale, VP Technology, eCredit.com

"InformIT welcomes the experience and insights that OASIS is able to share
with us in implementing a robust, scalable XML repository solution. We are
confident that OASIS will prove to be a crucial resource in our ongoing
efforts in implementing XML/SGML solutions across Pearson. The ultimate and
primary beneficiary will be the reading public, which can now look forward
to easier fine-tuned access to personalized IT content.
--Gregg Bushyeager, Vice President for Online Development, InformIT

"JetForm is committed to the development of XML technology and open
standards, as evident by our XML Forms Architecture (XFA). Through our
sponsor membership in OASIS, we are able to contribute our expertise in
automating e-processes with e-forms, ensuring interoperability based on
XML."
--Gavin McKenzie, Chief Architect of JetForm's XFA technology.

"For NII Enterprise Promotion Association, the purpose of becoming part of
the OASIS family is to:introduce the leading-edge XML-related and metadata
management know-how and technologies to Taiwan and to facilitate and
streamline information discovery, exchange, automation, maintenance and
value-added services in the field of electronic commerce in terms of
globalization and localization. We want to induce potential counterpart
pilots or projects in Taiwan to deploy and transfer advanced structured
information standards, technologies and applications. As a member of OASIS,
we hope to provide stronger links for members around the world."
--Eho-Cheng Lo, EC/Content Group Pilot Manager, NII Enterprise Promotion
Association

"For those of us who've been providing software solutions for eons, the
struggle for standardization is nothing new. However, the onset of the
Internet Economy elevates standardization to an imperative. That's why
ProNet became an OASIS sponsor. Through OASIS we belong to a structured,
global community that also understands the profound significance of the era
we're helping to shape. One hundred years from now, historians will write
about the Internet Economy as one beside which the Industrial Revolution
pales. Through our work with OASIS and its membership, we're making
history."
--Bala Subramanian, CEO, ProNet Technology Partners

"StreamServe has chosen to sponsor the OASIS Consortium as one of its
strategic alliances for the future. We look forward to both contributing to
and gaining experience from the different technologies that OASIS creates,
assembles and maintains in the XML space. The OASIS initiative gives us the
perfect platform to continue developing different XML implementations for
business-to-business communication that StreamServe already supplies."
--Stefan Sandberg, Integration Manager of Research and Development,
StreamServe

For more information contact:
Carol Geyer
Media Relations Consultant