announce message

Subject: Using OASIS Announce List

Dear Members,

 The "announce" mailing list is an open mailing list, designed to be used by
 OASIS and its members for Consortium and industry news.

OASIS uses this list to make general announcements, such as this one, to the
entire membership.
Members should feel welcome to post product announcements, company news, and
even job openings to this list.

We have created this list with the intention of building a sense of
community
within the OASIS membership. From time to time, you may come across an
announcement from a fierce competitor -- or an announcement that inspires
you
to forge a new business partnership. We trust that you share our belief
that,
positive or negative, the more you know about what's happening in the
industry,
the more effective you can be in managing your business.

To send a message to this list, simply send the message to:
announce@lists.oasis-open.org. The message is sent to me, so that
I may verify whether it's being sent by a member. Once I approve the
message,
it will be sent out for general distribution.

 Members who do not wish to receive such messages are free to
 unsubscribe from  the list. Simply send a message to
announce@lists.oasis-open.org with
 "unsubscribe announce" in the *body* of the message.

I hope you enjoy both using this list and receiving the information from
OASIS and your peers!

Scott McGrath
Member Services Manager

OASIS