announce message

Subject: Arbortext Introduces "Extend" ASP Deployment Support for E-Content Software

ARBORTEXT INTRODUCES “EXTEND” ASP DEPLOYMENT SUPPORT FOR E-CONTENT SOFTWARE

FutureLink’s Server-Based Computing Services Enable
Reduced Deployment Time, Increased Flexibility

ANN ARBOR, Mich., March 28, 2000 – Arbortext, Inc., the leading provider of
XML-based e-Content software, today announced the release of Extend, a set
of software and services that support Application Service Provider (ASP)
deployment of its XML-based e-Content management system.  Today’s
announcement makes Arbortext the first company to support browser-based use
of content management software that allows customers to create, personalize,
deliver and share rich business-critical content.

Arbortext has identified FutureLink (NASDAQ: FTRL), an application service
provider and a supplier of server-based computing solutions to help
implement the rollout of Extend.

Server-based computing services offer customers reduced cost of ownership
and deployment time, faster scale-up, increased flexibility, more widespread
access and tighter security.  Additionally, companies who have people
located throughout the organization or in multiple locations now have the
ability to collaborate as if they were working in the same office.

“Our business is acquiring quality scientific, technical, and medical
content and publishing highly functional digital information resources.
Managing and producing our content requires state-of-the-art SGML- and
XML-based tools to support the efforts of geographically distributed
contributors, editors, staff, and vendors,” said David Dekker, COO of Marcel
Dekker, Inc.  “Arbortext has always been ahead of other companies in
offering the most advanced e-Content solutions; providing Dekker with a
strategic business advantage.  Deployment of these tools via Citrix enables
faster and more cost-effective access to these advanced applications.”

Extend enables companies to utilize Arbortext software who might otherwise
be unable to do so because of out-dated equipment, lack of technical
support, or cost of ownership.  Arbortext’s software can either be hosted on
its customer’s servers or on a third-party Web hosting service, and is
accessible using a standard browser or a thin client.  The software runs on
a variety of desktops, including Windows, Macintosh, DOS, UNIX, Java and
OS/2 Warp.

“By offering Extend to support an ASP deployment model for our e-Content
management software, we provide businesses with a solution enabling them to
provide richer content and a better Web experience for their customers,”
said PG Bartlett, vice president of marketing for Arbortext.  “We increased
our offerings to include ASP products and services to give customers greater
flexibility, convenience, security and cost effectiveness, and we will
continue to provide clients with whole solutions aimed at strengthening
their customer and partner relationships.”

Arbortext has selected FutureLink to provide installation and configuration
support to customers who are using Extend on their servers. “We have already
collaborated with Arbortext at a number of accounts to help their customers
implement thin-client computing,” said Glen C. Holmes, president and COO of
FutureLink.  “We’re very pleased that we’re working with Arbortext’s capable
staff, leading edge products and outstanding customers.”

Extend at Work for XML Europe Presenters

Arbortext has offered the 165 speakers at the upcoming XML Europe Conference
the capability to author their papers through browsers linked to Arbortext’s
servers.  With a secure, password-protected work area, authors can draft and
automatically provide conference organizers with their speeches, providing a
convenient way to enable a far-flung group of authors to quickly create
their presentations.  XML Europe will start on June 12 at the Palais Des
Congres De Paris, Paris, France.

About Arbortext

Founded in 1982, and renowned as one of the original creators of XML,
Arbortext is a global provider of XML-based solutions designed to manage
business critical e-Content.  Arbortext’s standards-based solutions enable
enterprises to provide more personalized, dynamic and easily searchable
content via the Internet, print, wireless devices, eBooks and CD-ROM.
Arbortext’s solutions are currently deployed at over 300 of the Global 2000
companies including AT&T, Audi, Boeing, British Aerospace, Caterpillar,
DaimlerChrysler, Ericsson Telecom, Ford, Fujitsu, IBM, Lucent, Nokia,
Qantas, Sun Microsystems, United Airlines, Volkswagen, Volvo and West.
Arbortext is a founding member and active participant in the XML Working
Group of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). Headquartered in Ann Arbor,
Michigan, Arbortext has offices around the world.  For more information
about Arbortext, visit the company Web site at http://www.arbortext.com.

About FutureLink

FutureLink, The Application Utility Companyä, is one of the founders of the
Application Service Provider (ASP) industry and a founding member of the ASP
Industry Consortium.

FutureLink’s Application Hosting Services Division provides business with
off-site, Internet-based computing.  The company’s Application Hosting
Platforms Division builds application server farms and provides Citrix
application server software integration services.  With Application Hosting
Platform solutions, FutureLink customers manage their own server farms, and
provide ASP services to users with their own IT staffs and FutureLink
consultants.

FutureLink markets its services through a network of channel partners,
independent software vendors (ISV), software resellers, and system
integrators throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.

For more information, contact FutureLink toll free at (877) 216-6001; email:
sales@futurelink.net; or visit the FutureLink Web site at
http://www.futurelink.net.