announce message

Subject: OASIS MEMBER NEWS: Architag Names New President

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Snyder [mailto:bsnyder@architag.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2000 5:00 PM
To: owner-announce@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Press Release

Leading XML Firm Names New President

ENGLEWOOD, CO – January 3, 2000 – Bryan E. Snyder has been promoted to
president and chief operating officer of Architag International. Brian
Travis, founder of the company, has been named chief technical officer, and
will retain his chief executive officer position.
“Bryan has earned this position through his efforts to strengthen and
reorganize our company,” Travis said. “He is very well qualified for the
position, having long been responsible for all marketing, strategic planning
and operational functions of the company. In 1999 he engineered a successful
corporate reorganization, focusing the company’s efforts on increasing
profitability and generating brand name recognition, while also improving
customer service.”
Snyder stated, “I am very proud to have been selected for this position.
Brian Travis has given me the chance to build his company based on an
existing solid reputation as an innovative XML/SGML solutions provider and
training organization. I am confident that having Brian focus on the latest
technology will help maintain our position as an industry leader, and will
enable Architag to continue giving our clients the best solutions to their
business information problems.”
As president, Snyder will oversee all operating divisions and trademarks of
the company, including the solutions, university, press, and events
divisions. He will continue his responsibilities for marketing and
operations, and will work with the management team to strengthen and grow
the company.
Prior to joining Architag in July 1998, Snyder was the publisher of Reason,
a monthly magazine that covers politics, culture, and ideas with a national
monthly circulation of about 55,000. He also served as senior vice president
of the Reason Foundation, the parent company of Reason.
Snyder has an extensive background in management and business consulting.
Before joining Reason Foundation, he was a senior consultant with Ernst &
Young, one of the largest accounting and consultancy firms in the world.  In
this position, he consulted for a wide variety of public and private
companies in the areas of strategic planning and analysis, mergers and
acquisitions, econometric and cash flow modeling, and litigation support.
In addition to his professional responsibilities, Snyder has served on the
boards of directors for several non-profit organizations. He holds an MBA
and bachelor’s degrees in economics and psychology from Chapman University
in Orange, California.  He is married and lives in Littleton, Colorado.
About Architag International Corporation
Architag International is a consulting and training organization, providing
integrated solutions in structured information systems and B2B e-commerce
solutions. Because of their strategic technical alliances with select
software vendors, Architag’s consultants are a valuable resource for their
customer’s technical development staff. By maintaining its vendor
independence, Architag International is able to recommend the appropriate
tool for each client’s application, providing objective advice and services
to meet its clients’ information management needs. The company provides
training and education through Architag University and Xmlu.com, consulting
through Architag Solutions, and up-to-date industry information through its
publication, <TAG>.
# # #
Architag is a registered trademark of Architag International Corporation.
Other product and company names mentioned herein might be the trademarks of
their respective owners.
	Company Contact:	Bryan E. Snyder
				BSnyder@Architag.com