announce message

Subject: XMLSolutions has a new CEO

Dear :

Here's some very great news about XMLSolutions.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FORMER GENERAL MOTORS CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
NAMED CEO OF XMLSOLUTIONS CORPORATION

Ron Shelby to Head Fast-Growing B2B Infrastructure Company

McLean VA, August 21, 2000 – XMLSolutions Corporation, a leading worldwide
provider of software for the development and deployment of XML-based applications,
announced Ron Shelby as its new CEO.  Mr. Shelby has held a number of executive
positions within General Motors, including the Information Systems and
Services' Chief Technology Officer, where he led the General Motors (NYSE:
GM) strategy for employing XML for system-to-system integration.

Mr. Shelby's most recent role was the CIO of e-GM, where he headed GM's
web development efforts, including the global rollout of GM BuyPower, the
company's award-winning vehicle shopping site.

"There will be a huge shift in the business-to-business marketplace during
the next 12 months," Mr. Shelby stated.  "XML, the language of the Internet,
will increasingly play a mission-critical role of enabling companies to
develop Virtual Private Networks.  As a result, companies will have the
capability to electronically communicate much more efficiently with their
entire trading community.  XMLSolutions will lead the transformation from
the present hub-and-spoke e-Business model to instant, easy, direct business
transactions over the Internet."

"Although I wasn't looking to leave GM, I felt as though this was a once
in a lifetime opportunity," Mr. Shelby continued.  " I have known many
of the top executives at XMLSolutions for several years, and I'm confident
that this company will make a tremendous impact on the B2B market.  For
example, this week we will introduce a universal interpreter for e-business,
XMLSolutions Business Integration PlatformTM 2.0, which features industry-specific
transactions for conducting both direct and indirect materials procurement
over the Internet."

Prior to General Motors, Ron Shelby was Vice President of Data Warehousing
for American Express Corporation (NYSE: AXP), where he led the implementation
of global data warehousing environment supporting U.S. and European business
units.  Before joining American Express, Ron led Connecticut Mutual's implementation
of its "One Image" database environment and managed the information systems
development of the company's investment and finance functions.

"We are very enthusiastic about Ron's decision to join the XMLSolutions
team.  He is an amazingly talented individual and his vast experience in
e-business, legacy systems, and data warehousing will help us to continue
to focus on our business objectives," stated Kevin Kail, President and
co-Chairman of XMLSolutions. "Ron's experience as a top executive in some
of the world's largest companies will prove invaluable as we continue to
grow our organization over the next several years."

About XMLSolutions Corporation

XMLSolutions (www.xmls.com) enables secure, real-time B2B data exchange
of direct and indirect materials transactions over the Internet.  By eliminating
a company's XML dialect dependence, XMLSolutions removes trade barriers
enabling uniform transactions among trading partners, customers, and exchanges.
 Included in this offering are XML-to-XML transformations, EDI-to-XML integration
and over 3000 mission-critical, industry-specific business documents.
XMLSolutions was founded in June 1999.

XMLSolutions is headquartered in Northern Virginia's technology corridor
with offices in Atlanta; Charlotte; Chicago; New York; San Francisco; Bangalore,
India; Seoul, Korea; S. Africa; The Netherlands; Denmark; Austria; Sweden;
Switzerland; Belgium; Germany; France; Italy; Spain and the UK.

For a photograph of Ron Shelby or more information about XMLSolutions,
contact:

Dennis O'Connor
Peter Arnold Associates
One Hollis Street