announce message

Subject: OASIS server status

OASIS members:

Last week we had a server crash that brought down the various web pages
hosted by OASIS, including www.oasis-open.org, www.oasis-open.org/cover,
www.ebxml.org, and www.xml.org. Since then we've been rebuilding the sites
using available files, as no backups were available from the ISP, and after
a week we're pretty much back up and running. We apologize for any
inconvenience this outage may have caused you.

There will continue to be broken links on a few pages as we finish putting
things back together again, and there may be ocassional service outages as
we move to a new ISP, but we will do our best to keep the pages running.

A side effect of the server outage has been an interruption of mail services
to OASIS staff using oasis-open.org email addresses. While our mail lists
have continued running (because they are hosted by a separate mail service)
our internal mail has been interrupted. If you have sent mail to an
oasis-open.org address in the past 10 days it may not have arrived, and you
also did not get a bounce message. If you have sent email to any of us in
the last 10 days would you please be kind enough to resend it?

	For Laura Walker, please send to laurawalker@earthlink.net
	For Scott McGrath, please send to swmcgrath@earthlink.com
	For Karl Best, please send to kfbest@earthlink.net
	For Pam Gennusa, please send to pam@gennusa.u-net.com
	For Robin Cover, please send to robin@isogen.com
	For Carol Geyer, please send to cgeyer7@home.com
	For Margie Pina, please send to mpina@earthlink.net

We'll need to continue using our DSL addresses until we get the new server
properly configured.

Our apologies for this inconvenience. We'll keep you up to date and let you
know when everything is back together.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS