announce message

Subject: OASIS member news: XML Global Technologies,Inc. Announces a Technology Development Alliance with Aztec Software Inc.

Press Release

XML Global Technologies, Inc. Announces a Technology Development Alliance
with Aztec Software Inc.

London, UK, XML One Conference, October 18th, 2000 - XML Global
Technologies, Inc. (www.xmlglobal.com), developers of the world's premier
XML-based search and transformation e-business software products, today
announced it has signed a strategic software development alliance with Aztec
Software Inc. (www.aztecsoft.com), an e-engineering solutions company.
Aztec's expertise lies in database internals, Internet middleware, XML and
other emerging technologies that it utilizes for providing e-business
solutions.

Under the terms of the alliance the companies will work as integration
partners to bundle several of XML Global's core technologies including
goXML(tm), the world's premier context-based XML search system, with Aztec's
leading-edge B2B commerce services infrastructures. Additional technologies
covered under the terms of the agreement are XML Global's expressXCHG(tm), a
powerful EDI/XML transformation software and Ceremony(tm), a patented
digital authentication solution which eliminates the costs of processing
paper signatures. Aztec's B2B e-commerce software infrastructure framework
includes user profile management, rules engines, usage tracking, logging and
analysis, and distributed scheduling that will incorporate several XML
Global's technologies. In addition to a technological alliance, Aztec and
XML Global will work as partners to develop and implement a co-marketing
strategy for the enhanced e-business work flow tools.

"We are very happy to be expanding our working relationship with Aztec",
stated Peter Shandro, CEO of XML Global. "Their conceptual and practical
understanding of e-business work flow is excellent and is complemented by
first rate technical, programming, and testing skills. More importantly,
however," continued Shandro, "they understand and respect the critical issue
of speed to market. We look forward to building on our working relationship
with Aztec."

"Aztec is aiming to emerge as dominant enabler of Application Service
Providers (ASPs)," said Mr. S. Parthasarathy, CEO of Aztec Software, "and to
do this we needed to incorporate the best XML technology on the market. XML
Global's products have unmatched technical superiority and have proven
themselves in a variety of e-business applications including XML-based
searching and EDI/XML transformation. We believe", Parthasarathy continued,
"this alliance will allow our two firms to combine our abilities to jointly
develop and market a range of highly effective XML-based e-business tools.
We anticipate the continuation of an excellent working relationship with XML
Global."

About Aztec Software Inc.
Aztec Software is a leading e-engineering solution provider in the Internet
infrastructure market. Aztec architects, develops, and integrates solutions
for net-centric, B2B players with a recurring revenue business model.
Aztec's clients typically want to reach the market as rapidly as possible
with a reliable robust and scalable offering. Aztec's clients consider Aztec
as a trusted partner who fulfills all their engineering and e-infrastructure
needs. Aztec is also a co-product development partner to a number of major
software product/technology companies like Microsoft, Embarcadero, etc. For
further information please visit our website at www.aztecsoft.com or call
the numbers below.

About XML Global Technologies, Inc.
XML Global Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider and developer of highly
scalable XML based e-business software solutions designed to allow
organizations to optimize information integration, retrieval and
manipulation. XML Global's technology allows customers to aggressively
leverage existing legacy systems to facilitate seamless
enterprise-to-enterprise information exchange over the internet and
intranet. XML Global's flagship products, the patent pending context-based
XML based search engine goXML(tm) and its patented expressXCHG(tm) data
transformation software are designed to maximize the effectiveness of
information exchange while minimizing capital expenditures in IT overhead.
XML Global's pioneering XML based technology is an integral part of the
infrastructure required for companies to participate on the leading edge of
e-business. For further information please visit our website at
www.xmlglobal.com or call the numbers below.

Forward Looking Statements
All statements are based on XML Global Technologies, Inc.'s current
knowledge and specific assumptions with respect to future business
decisions. The actual results of XML Global Technologies, Inc. may differ
materially from those indicated by these forward looking statements as a
result of various important factors, including, but not limited to, those
discussed in the Risk Factors section of XML Global Technologies' recent
registration document, SB-2/A, which is on file with the Securities and
Exchange Commission.

PR Contact Information
Contact	Anthony Dutton
		Director of Corporate Communications