announce message

Subject: OASIS Member News: XML Software from Boston-based Infoteria Chosen forSydney Paralympics Webcast

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Company Contact:
Deborah Senay
Infoteria Corporation
(978) 922-4029
dsenay@infoteria.com
www.infoteria.com

Press Contact:
Dana Erman
FitzGerald Communications
(617) 494-9500
derman@fitzgerald.com
www.fitzgerald.com

XML Software from Boston-based Infoteria Chosen for Sydney Paralympics
Webcast
We Media Chooses Software from Infoteria and Microsoft to Support Live
Updates on the Web
Don't Miss the Games:  October 18 to 29

Boston, MA and Tokyo, Japan October 24, 2000 Infoteria Corporation, the XML
software company, announced today that its software was chosen to support
the
webcasting of the Sydney 2000 Paralympic Games.  The games run from October
18
through October 29.  The We Media webcast is being supported by IBM, the
technology
partner of the Sydney 2000 Paralympic Games.

We Media chose Infoteria's iMAKER software and XML to support its webcast
of the
Paralympics Games from Sydney.  We Media staff, technical and
non-technical, will
input event results using Microsoft's Excel spreadsheet from their laptops.
Infoteria's
iMAKER will translate this Excel spreadsheet data into XML (eXtensible
Markup
Language), enabling the information to be used by the We Media's webcasting
system.

"Infoteria is very jazzed about We Media's work at the Sydney Paralympics,
as well as
their selection of iMAKER," said Tim Browne, CEO and president of Infoteria
Corporation, Worldwide.  "Because of Microsoft Excel's ubiquity in the
marketplace,
and ease of use, We Media wanted to use it in its scoring system.  Our
iMAKER was a
natural for them.  It is the industry's only solution for moving Excel data
into XML.  The
combination allowed its entire staff, regardless of technical skill, to
input event results
from anywhere in the enormous Sydney venue. This not only is a great
example of an
elegant solution made possible by XML, but it's in support of an
outrageously cool event.
Infoteria has always been committed to diversity in the workplace, and we
applaud the
spirit of the Paralympic Games, which highlights the strength, excellence,
and
determination of these very special athletes."

(more)

Sydney Paralympics Taps Infoteria                            2-2-2-2

About We Media
A multi-media company for people with disabilities, their families and
friends, We Media
Inc. is the Official Webcaster of the Sydney 2000 Paralympic Games. It is
also the United
States Television Rights Holder, and the Official Magazine in North
America, of the
Games.  Worldwide live coverage of the Sydney 2000 Paralympic Games will be
available on We Media's full-service sports site at http://www.wemedia.com.
We Media was launched in 1997. The company's first product was WE magazine,
glossy consumer lifestyle publication.  The magazine, published bimonthly,
has won
accolades for its top-flight editorial content and innovative approach to
disability issues.
The magazine's Web site, http://www.wemagazine.com, debuted in 1998.
In December 1999, We Media launched www.wemedia.com, a one-stop,
full-service,
integrated online community.  The We Media site provides the disabled
community with
targeted and comprehensive information resources in the areas of finance,
real estate,
news, education, and sports.
About Infoteria Corporation

Infoteria Corporation is a leading software design and development company
focused on
building and selling XML-based B2B eCommerce solutions that intelligently
and
profitably connect buyers and sellers.  The corporation offers a wide range
of XML
software tools, components and products, as well as the services and
training necessary to
implement end-to-end XML-based customer solutions.

Infoteria partners include IBM, Microsoft, Toshiba, Oracle, Sun, Softbank,
Hitachi and
others.  Infoteria Corporation is a member of W3C and Oasis, with
development centers
in Tokyo and Boston.  Additional information can be found on the web at
http://www.infoteria.com.

iMaker is a trademark of Infoteria Corporation.  W3C and XML are the
registered trademarks of the World
Wide Consortium.  Other brand product names are registered trademarks or
trademarks of their respective
holders.  All rights reserved.

###