announce message

Subject: OASIS Member News: Nortel Networks, Boeing,Lexis-Nexis Select Arbortext

Nortel Networks, Boeing, Lexis-Nexis Select Arbortext for Content Creation,
Conversion and Publishing

Arbortext marks tenth consecutive record year offering e-content software to
the Global 2000

ANN ARBOR, Mich., February 13, 2001 -- Arbortext, Inc., a leading provider
of XML-based enterprise content integration software and
business-to-business e-commerce solutions, today announced that 2000 was its
tenth consecutive year of record sales, based on adding over 300 new
customers including an enterprise deal at Nortel Networks and major new
projects at The Boeing Company, Lexis-Nexis and many other Fortune 500
companies.

In support of Arbortext’s rapidly growing customer base, Arbortext has
continued its aggressive recruiting program, expanded its executive team,
and continued its global expansion with offices in Munich and two new
country managers in Europe.  In addition, Arbortext released two
groundbreaking new products in 2000, Epic Intermarket and the Epic E-Content
Engine (E3), to expand the company’s ability to supports its customers’
e-content requirements.

“We selected Arbortext for its market leadership, proven technology and
global support,” said Dan Hill, Lexis-Nexis senior vice president, Editorial
and Content Engineering.  “We needed a partner who could support the diverse
and demanding needs of our organization as well as provide the reliability,
functionality and language support required to propagate this initiative
throughout the enterprise.  Working with Arbortext today means we can
accommodate our future requirements.”

Boeing will use the Arbortext software on a variety of innovative technical
publications programs within its fast-growing Military Aerospace Support
business.

“Nortel Networks, Boeing and Lexis-Nexis are all global leaders in their
respective industries,” said Jim Sterken, president of Arbortext.  “We are
delighted they have selected Arbortext to support their mission-critical
requirements, and we’re gratified that our focus on the needs of medium and
large multinational organizations continues to make Arbortext the
overwhelming choice for companies with mission critical applications.”

Arbortext’s strong growth was partly fueled by two innovative product
introductions in 2000:

·	Epic E-Content Engine (E3) is a Web-based content transformation server
that captures unstructured content from multiple sources, converts it into
reusable XML components, assembles them according to individual
requirements, and composes the result for multiple media including Web,
print and wireless devices such as cellular phones and e-Books.  E3
integrates tightly with repositories from Documentum, Interwoven, Oracle and
others to enable seamless integration of XML content at both a component
level and a compound document level.

·	Epic Intermarket enables organizations to provide more extensive and more
usable catalog information for sell-side applications.  Designed especially
to serve the needs of suppliers with complex products who must support a
complex buying process, Intermarket helps organizations increase revenues by
providing a superior product selection and customer self-service experience.
Better information means that prospects can find, compare and select
products much more easily than they can today.

About Arbortext
Arbortext is a leading global provider of XML-based enterprise content
integration software and business-to-business e-commerce solutions.
Shipping since 1991, Arbortext’s standards-based software enables
enterprises to provide more personalized dynamic and easily searchable
content for e-publishing, e-commerce and B2B net marketplaces. Arbortext’s
software is currently deployed at over 300 of the Global 2000 companies,
including AT&T, Audi, Boeing, British Aerospace, Caterpillar,
DaimlerChrysler, Ericsson Telecom, Ford, GM, IBM, Lucent, Nokia, Nortel
Networks, Qantas, Ricoh, Sun Microsystems, International Thomson Publishing,
United Airlines, Volkswagen, Volvo and West Group. Arbortext is a founding
member and active participant in the XML Activity of the World Wide Web
Consortium (W3C). Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, Arbortext has
offices around the world.  For more information please visit
http://www.arbortext.com.
# # #

Contact: 	Kevin Astle					PG Bartlett
	  	Text 100					Arbortext, Inc.