announce message

Subject: OASIS Member News: XML Global Awarded Contract to work with UnitedStates Government Defense

Press Release

XML Global Awarded Contract to work with United States Government Defense
Finance Accounting Service

Washington D.C., February 15th, 2001 - XML Global Technologies, Inc. (XMLG
OTC:BB) (www.xmlglobal.com), a product focused, XML powered, e-business
platform company, is pleased to announce that it has been awarded a
consulting and technical support contract, through EM&I Inc., to work with
the US Defense Finance Accounting Service (DFAS). EM&I is a world-class
provider of engineering, management and integration services focused on
strengthening the United States National Defense.

The contract specification requires XML Global and EM&I to support and
facilitate the current DFAS initiative of preparing the Agency to deploy XML
technology for web-enabled data and document interchange. XML Global will
lead the initiative in areas focused on XML technology and XML based systems
integration and work closely with EM&I to provide the additional required
consulting services.

DFAS, recognizing XML as an open communications standard that is platform
and operating system independent, is developing a strategy for its use as a
standard information environment that is fully integrated into the Defense
Information Infrastructure (DII). The specifics of the contract will require
XML Global to plan and guide the transition of DFAS' data interchange to XML
in accordance with the DFAS mission objectives and industry trends.

"XML Global is very excited to be working with DFAS on this project," stated
Peter Shandro, CEO of XML Global. "XML is rapidly emerging as the standard
interchange technology for the business-to-business (B2B) and
business-to-government (B2G) communities and our company is looking forward
to working with DFAS to assist them in their XML initiative. The objective
of the DFAS XML initiative is to improve information availability, reduce IT
costs and improve customer service," continued Shandro, "and we are
confident that with XML Global's experience and product knowledge we will be
able to deliver on this objective.

About XML Global Technologies, Inc.
XML Global Technologies, Inc. engineers and deploys XML-based web
infrastructure tools and e-business applications. Leveraging its patented
XML technologies for searching, EDI/XML transformation, data storage and
transaction authentication, XML Global builds and manages complete XML based
e-business platforms as well as providing standalone XML based e-business
solutions. XML Global's core products include:

Searching:        GoXML(tm) Search, a patent pending contextual XML search
                  and indexing engine.
Transformation: 	GoXML(tm) Transform, patented EDI/XML SQL transformation
                  software.
Storage:	      GoXML(tm) DB, a patented native XML database solution.

By integrating and applying these core technologies XML Global will empower
its clients to build and manage successful technology platforms for web
services, net markets and related e-business initiatives.

For further information please visit our website at www.xmlglobal.com or
call the numbers below.

About EM&I, Inc.
Engineering, Management & Integration (EM&I) Incorporated, is a small,
focused company of highly specialized personnel providing engineering in
information technology, telecommunications services and computer intensive
systems to the DoD, Federal agencies, and commercial businesses. EM&I is
certified as a participant in the U.S. Small Business Administration's 8(a)
program.

EM&I is a closely-knit team of highly competent technical professionals who
average more than 20 years experience. Our professional staff consists of
all college graduates, with 2/3 having post graduate degrees. This team has
a proven record of superior service providing quality products on time and
within budget.

For further information please visit our website at http://www.EM-I.com/ or
call the numbers below.

Forward Looking Statements
All statements are based on XML Global Technologies, Inc.'s current
knowledge and specific assumptions with respect to future business
decisions. The actual results of XML Global Technologies, Inc. may differ
materially from those indicated by these forward looking statements as a
result of various important factors, including, but not limited to, those
discussed in the Risk Factors section of XML Global Technologies' recent
registration document, SB-2/A, which is on file with the Securities and
Exchange Commission.

EM&I, Inc Contact Information
Engineering, Management and Integration (EM&I) Inc.
1600 Autumnwood Drive
Reston, Virginia 20194-1521
Fax:(703) 742-8034 or
e-mail: info@em-i.com