announce message

Subject: Cisco selects Bowstreet's dynamic e-business software

Cisco selects Bowstreet's dynamic e-business software

LYNNFIELD, MA, March 12, 2001 - Bowstreet (www.bowstreet.com) today
announced that Cisco Systems, the worldwide leader in networking for the
Internet, has selected Bowstreet as a key vendor to provide dynamic software
for Cisco's next-generation Web site.

Cisco will use Bowstreet software as part of its solution to give customers,
partners, suppliers and employees a uniquely customized rendering of Cisco's
offerings. Bowstreet enables Cisco to customize services, workflows and
business processes to manage its relationships online, as well as make
changes on-the-fly and deploy these services on wireless devices.

"One of our cornerstones is our fanatical approach to customer satisfaction.
Bowstreet-powered Internet Business Solutions will enable us to take our use
of the Internet to the next level as we continue to transform the way we
serve our customers and partners," said Cisco Senior Vice President and CIO
Peter Solvik. "The Bowstreet Business Web Factory is a best-of-breed product
that we found could manage the variability and customization we needed, as
well as provide us with a competitive advantage."

Bowstreet delivers the power of business webs into the hands of business
people. With Bowstreet, Cisco's IT organization will provide building blocks
for end users to create dynamic Internet sites for employees, customers,
suppliers, partners, analysts, investors and consumers, whether they connect
on PCs, laptops, cell phones, pagers, handhelds, server-to-server
connections, or a combination of these methods. Cisco will also have the
ability to quickly embed its product and service offerings in any customer
or partner site, syndicating its presence across the Internet. Bowstreet
makes discovering, assembling, proliferating and mass-customizing web
services cost-effective.

"Cisco would like to offer every person who interacts with the company their
very own Cisco," said Bowstreet President and CEO Bob Crowley. "We have
given Cisco a point-and-click factory to integrate with their highly
successful Internet presence, and extend it into all the custom
relationships that they can conceive."

About the Bowstreet Business Web Factory
The vendor-neutral Bowstreet Business Web Factory is a business web platform
used to create and manage a new class of dynamic, web-native applications
composed of plug-and-play web services. Using the Business Web Factory,
companies can connect on-the-fly with their partners and customers to
achieve extended business reach and adapt to change in minutes instead of
months. The Business Web Factory consumes any vendor's web services and uses
open standards including XML, SOAP, XAML, and DSML to deliver significant,
measurable Total Cost of Ownership savings across diverse e-business
initiatives. The Business Web Factory's parametric change-automation
technology allows companies to rapidly change and expand web applications in
response to new business demands. Further, the Business Web Factory allows
programming components to be re-used among a variety of IT initiatives,
thereby reducing cost and complexity while speeding time-to-market of each
subsequent development project.

About Bowstreet
Bowstreet is focused exclusively on creating the software breakthroughs
required to support business webs - the emerging model for companies in the
digital economy. Bowstreet provides one of the industry's first business web
platforms for discovering, assembling and delivering a new class of dynamic
applications composed of plug-and-play web services. Unlike hard-wired
solutions, the Bowstreet Business Web Factory platform was designed from the
ground up to be totally vendor-neutral, employing highly innovative,
parametric change-automation technology. With the Business Web Factory,
technologists can design massively customizable business web applications
that empower business people to expand their business web relationships
without programming. More information can be found at www.bowstreet.com or
by calling 781-586-7100.

# # #

Bowstreet is a trademark of Bowstreet, Inc. All other company names and
product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective
companies or owners.

Contact:

Ann Kelly
Bowstreet