announce message

Subject: INTERCIM Adopts Open Applications Group XML

Manufacturing Execution System from Intercim will be “Plug-and-Play”
Compatible with other eBusiness Applications

“We have become members of the Open Applications Group (OAGI) in order
to provide additional value to our customers.” said John Todd,
President and CEO of Intercim, Inc.  “By adopting OAGI integration
specification standards for our software development we are ensuring
dramatically lower deployment and maintenance costs for our customers.”

By joining OAGI, Intercim is picking up on previous work performed as
a member of the CIIMPLEX Consortium, a National Institute of Standards
and Technology (NIST) Advanced Technology Program (ATP) sponsored
initiative.  As a result of its participation in the CIIMPLEX Consortium,
Intercim developed integration capabilities utilizing the OAGI Integration
Specification (OAGIS).

“This standard offers the opportunity for true plug-and-play
interoperability
for enterprise applications,” said Chet Moutrie, Intercim Vice-President
of Engineering. “Customers will find that our FACTORYnet MES solution will
integrate seamlessly with other enterprise applications utilizing these
standards. This is a crucial industry-wide step in the development of agile
eBusinesses and effective supply chain integration.”

The Open Applications Group is a non-profit consortium focusing on best
practices and process based XML content for eBusiness and Application
Integration.  It is the largest publisher of XML based content for business
software interoperability in the world.  Open Applications Group, Inc.
members
have over 5 years of extensive experience in building this industry
consensus
based framework for business software application interoperability and have
developed a repeatable process for quickly developing high quality business
content and XML representations of that content.

"I am pleased that Intercim has joined the Open Applications Group and will
be lending their expertise to building the highest quality and most robust
library of XML-based interoperability specifications in the world," said
David Connelly, CEO of the Open Applications Group.  "The people of Intercim
have a deep level of knowledge and experience that will improve the work of
the Open Applications Group, thus ensuring that customer needs are met and
that vendors can implement the work."

Intercim specializes in providing eContent for the manufacturing supply
chain
through the electronic collection and sharing of information.  Intercim’s
MES
software provides value to enterprises through current and accurate
information
on every aspect of their manufacturing process – from design to final
shipping.

Intercim’s parent company, IFS, develops and supplies business applications
that offer step-by-step evolution to the extended enterprise. IFS is the
world's
fastest-growing company in the business applications market.

####