announce message

Subject: OASIS MEMBER NEWS: Arbortext Continues Record Growth

Arbortext Announces American Express Financial Services, Discreet and
SPARTA Among 70 New Customers in First Quarter

Arbortext continues record growth; worldwide revenues increase 40%;
Canadian revenues increase 300%

ANN ARBOR, Mich., May 3, 2001 -- Arbortext, Inc., the only global
provider of XML-based software for single source publishing to multiple
media types including Web, print, CD-ROM and wireless, today announced
the addition of 70 new customers for the quarter ending March 31, 2001,
fueling its continued record growth.  With worldwide sales increasing 40%
from Q1 2000 to Q1 2001, and Canadian sales increasing by 300% for the
same period, Arbortext is proving its XML-based single source,
multi-channel publishing software continues to be the first choice for
Global 2000 organizations.

To support a rapidly expanding Canadian customer base, Arbortext recently
established an office in London, Ontario, and continues to build its
Canadian sales and support team.  This new branch joins the Arbortext
network with offices in Ann Arbor, Boston, San Jose, Tokyo, Munich,
London (UK) and Paris.

“I’m delighted with our continued growth rate,” said Jim Sterken,
president and co-founder of Arbortext.  “The quarter we just completed
was our best first quarter ever.  The fact that we continue to experience
solid growth during these challenging times in the high tech industry,
and the fact that market leaders such as American Express Financial
Services, Discreet, Nortel and Sparta are selecting us for their XML
initiatives, indicates that we are offering the right solution to enable
these companies to remain ahead in their respective marketplaces.”

Global 2000 organizations realize it’s imperative to be able to create a
single source of information that can automatically be published to
multiple types of media.  Arbortext’s Epic E-Content Engine (E3) is a
Web-based content conversion and publishing server that captures
unstructured content from multiple sources, converts it into reusable XML
components, assembles these components according to individual
requirements, and composes the result for multiple media, including Web,
print and wireless devices such as cellular phones and e-Books.  E3
integrates tightly with repositories from Documentum, Interwoven, Oracle
and others to enable seamless integration of XML content at both a
component level and a compound document level.

“We chose Arbortext because of their long, successful history in
providing organizations with the software and services required for us to
keep ahead in this fast-paced industry,” said Louis Beauregard, senior
information developer for Discreet.  “Using Epic, we have the ability to
create and deliver new products much quicker than previously, giving us
the advantage of being first to market ahead of our competitors.  E3 is
yet another example of how Arbortext has continued to be in front of the
industry with innovative, scalable product offerings.”

About Arbortext
Arbortext is the only global provider of XML-based software to publish
information to multiple media types – Web, print, CD-ROM, wireless – from
a single source of content. Shipping since 1991, Arbortext’s
standards-based software supports technical publishing, reference
publishing and catalog publishing applications that enable enterprises to
provide more accurate, more complete, more timely, more consistent and
more usable information on all media. Arbortext’s software is currently
deployed at over 300 of the Global 2000 companies, including AT&T, Audi,
Boeing, British Aerospace, Caterpillar, DaimlerChrysler, Ericsson
Telecom, Ford, GM, IBM, Lucent, Nokia, Nortel Networks, Qantas, Ricoh,
Sun Microsystems, International Thomson Publishing, United Airlines,
Volkswagen, Volvo and West Group. Arbortext is a founding member and
active participant in the XML Activity of the World Wide Web Consortium
(W3C). Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, Arbortext has offices
around the world.  For more information please visit
http://www.arbortext.com.
# # #

Contacts: 	Angela von Ruden 				PG Bartlett
	  	Phase Two Strategies			Arbortext, Inc.
	  	+1 212.530.7553				+1 734.327.6819
	 	angela_vonruden@p2pr.com		pgb@arbortext.com