announce message

Subject: OASIS Board of Directors Election

OASIS Members,

The nomination period for the upcoming OASIS Board of Directors election has
closed, and I'm pleased to tell you that we have 13 excellent nominees. A
list of nominees with links to their profiles is available at
http://www.oasis-open.org/nominations/.

Balloting begins in about two weeks, so please take some time to review the
nomination materials.  As there are far more nominees than openings, every
vote will count.

OASIS organizational members in good standing as of 31 May 2001 may vote in
the upcoming election. The balloting period is from 01 to 29 June 2001.
Details of the voting process are available at
http://www.oasis-open.org/who/bod_elections.shtml.  We are now working on an
an online balloting system, and will announce its availability at the end of
May.  You may also submit your ballots via email, fax or snail mail.

We expect to announce results of the election in mid-July, after tabulating
and auditing the ballots.

To all members who have nominated candidates, thank you for your support of
the Consortium. And to all nominees, good luck.

Regards,
Laura

Laura Walker
Executive Director