announce message

Subject: OASIS Member News: ActiveEducation's XML E-Business TechnologyTraining Solutions Selected by Avaya

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(April 30, 2001)				Media Contact: Susan Kindel
						Phone: 303-233-5300 ext. 350
						E-mail: susank@activeed.com

ActiveEducation's XML E-Business Technology Training Solutions Selected by
Avaya

(Golden, CO) . . . ActiveEducation, Inc. (ActiveEducation), a pacesetter in
the e-learning industry offering blended learning solutions on e-business
technologies and desktop applications, announced today that Avaya, provider
of communication solutions, has joined its rapidly expanding customer base.

Avaya's technical staff will have access to a menu of e-learning courses
allowing them to self-navigate based on their level of expertise and
learning style and pace. The menu of ActiveEducation e-learning courses
Avaya purchased includes XML Introduction, XML Intermediate, XML Advanced,
Java Intermediate Part I, Java Intermediate Part II and Java Advanced.

"ActiveEducation's XML and Java e-learning courses offer a way to ensure
that our global workforce can maintain the more advanced-level technical
skills they must have to develop Avaya's telecommunications solutions," said
Duskey Mallory, Training Manager of R&D College, Avaya University. "These
courses provide the technical depth and ready availability that are
significant benefits in these times of rapid technological change and
complex application development.""We are pleased that companies like Avaya
are selecting ActiveEducation as their training provider for these crucial
technologies," stated Mike Jossi, CEO of ActiveEducation. "We are determined
to support Avaya's, or any of our customers', employee development plans and
their desire to design a more sophisticated and varied training program."

ActiveEducation. Since 1993 ActiveEducation has been providing learning
solutions to educational institutions, corporations and learning centers.
ActiveEducation's e-business e-learning courses and GuideBooks enable
organizations to achieve the maximum return on their information technology
training investment. ActiveEducation provides branded content, technology
and services and is a key content provider for Microsoft Press.
Headquartered in Golden, Colorado ActiveEducation can be reached at
800-494-7367 or on the web at www.ActiveEducation.com.

Avaya, headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., USA, is a leading global
provider of communications solutions and services that help businesses,
government agencies and other institutions excel in the customer economy.
Avaya offers Customer Relationship Management Solutions, Unified
Communications Solutions, Hosted Solutions, Multiservice Infrastructure, and
Converged Voice and Data Networks - including the company's no-compromise
Enterprise-Class IP Solutions (ECLIPS) - all supported by Avaya Services and
Avaya Labs. For more information about Avaya, visit its Web site at
http://www.avaya.com.