announce message

Subject: OASIS Member News: Infoteria Corporation Launches Asteria Platform ForRosettaNet-Based Trading Networks

Infoteria Corporation Launches Asteria Platform For RosettaNet-Based
Trading Networks
Native XML Platform Enables Supply-Chain Automation for Companies of All
Sizes;
Delivers RosettaNet Basics Offering for B2B Integration with
Small- and Medium-Sized Trading Partners

BOSTON and TOKYO - June 25, 2001 -- Infoteria Corporation today announced
the Asteria Platform for RosettaNet, a powerful XML solution for RosettaNet
supply-chain automation. The Asteria Platform is designed to accelerate and
optimize the formation, expansion and management of secure RosettaNet
trading networks to enable supply-chain partners of all sizes to benefit
from automation of their commercial relationships.

The Asteria Platform for RosettaNet consists of the Asteria Server, Asteria
Planet and Asteria Components. Asteria Server delivers a complete solution
for organizations looking to integrate their current operational systems,
both front- and back-office, into the expanding trading community adopting
RosettaNet standards. Asteria Planet offers trading partners of any size an
affordable solution to connect a limited number of key trading partners.
Asteria Components provide all the discrete tools necessary for specific
projects in business process automation, including tools for efficient XML
creation, adapters for traditional database systems and a utility to
automate sending and receiving XML documents via Internet infrastructure.

"We have faced three critical supply chain challenges in our
RosettaNet-based VAIO component purchasing network that we needed to solve
quickly and cost-effectively," Yoshihiro Taya, Corporate Senior Vice
President, Sony EMCS Corporation, Japan. "First, we had to incorporate data
from our existing database and EDI systems into RosettaNet compliant XML
documents. Second, we had to automate the secure exchange of documents with
our suppliers, such as Intel. Third, we needed to accomplish this without
relying on expensive, time- consuming, and labor-intensive alternatives. As
a result, we decided to choose Infoteria's Asteria Server for RosettaNet.
We had implemented our Asteria solution, and placed it in production with
several important partners, more quickly than we could have implemented
another RosettaNet system."

"Infoteria's RosettaNet solutions clearly place them in a leadership
position, and their Asteria Enterprise Server and Planet offerings meet the
stringent demands of today's IT marketplace," said Kate Fessenden, Analyst,
Aberdeen Group. "Asteria is an elegant XML-based approach for companies
that need flexible products to 'drop in' to existing IT architectures and
not require extensive IT overhead to run. And, because Infoteria's products
are highly scalable, they will be able to manage companies' changing needs
as XML standards and frameworks evolve."

"RosettaNet Basics will enable medium size companies to begin participating
in the benefits of business-to-business integration with modest initial
investments. The turnkey approach of Infoteria's Asteria Planet for
RosettaNet Basics also significantly reduces deployment times," said
Charles Goodwin, Intel's director of business-to-business integration and
RosettaNet programs. "The lower cost of deployment in licensing, hardware
and integration that the RosettaNet Basics initiative offers companies will
enable shorter time to market, faster return on investment, much higher
customer service, and more valuable trading relationships."

About the Asteria Platform:
Asteria Server for RosettaNet: The Asteria Server is a flexible enterprise
solution for organizations that want to automate relationships with those
supply chain partners not already automated through legacy systems. Using
the complete suite of RosettaNet Partner Interface Processes(tm) (PIPs(tm))
as a foundation, the Asteria Server ensures that trading partners can
interact and transact quickly, thus assuring cost- and time-efficiencies in
bringing products to market, while solving the technical challenge of
connecting incumbent data assets and systems.

Asteria Planet for RosettaNet: The Asteria Planet provides a cost-effective
solution for both supply chain leaders seeking to engage and automate
trading partners, and for smaller organizations looking to connect to the
standards-based trading community for the first time. Cost-effective
automation of mid-tier and smaller trading partners has long been a major
challenge in successful supply-chain management because Electronic Data
Interchange (EDI) and other resource-intensive supply-chain solutions are
not a practical solution. Asteria Planet enables rapid implementation and
swift trading network expansion for the RosettaNet trading community.
Asteria Planet is among the first product responses to the RosettaNet
Basics Program, an industry-wide RosettaNet initiative focused on enabling
Global 2000 companies with B2B integration to small- and medium-sized
trading partners. (Editor's Note: See May 14, 2001 Press Release, "High
Technology Companies Commit to Ten Production Milestones Using RosettaNet
Standards in 2001").

Asteria Components: Infoteria offers native XML components for specific
projects in business process automation: The family of tools includes:
iCONNECTOR, for bi-directional transfer of data from operational databases
(e.g., Oracle, DB2, SQL, Notes / Domino); iXSLT, an XSLT processor to
accelerate distribution of XML document information to browsers and mobile
computing devices; iPEX, a high-performance XML processing engine that
enables XML document integration into application development environments;
iMESSENGER, for the management of XML document distribution and receipt via
Internet e-mail infrastructure; and iMAKER, which automates the creation of
XML documents from the familiar spreadsheet.

"In recent months, RosettaNet partner companies such as Infoteria have
demonstrated a real commitment to solving the critical challenge of B2B
integration in supply chain management," said Jennifer Hamilton, CEO of
RosettaNet. "The introduction of cost-effective, turn-key solutions aligned
with the RosettaNet Basics initiative ensures that companies of all sizes
will be able to connect with mid-tier and smaller trading partners. With
this kind of momentum, we anticipate thousands of RosettaNet implementation
touch-points will be active across the globe by year-end 2001."

"Our in-market experience has demonstrated the value of native XML
solutions in solving business automation problems," said Tim Browne, CEO,
Infoteria Worldwide. "We're presenting Asteria Platform to meet the
business challenges of companies of all sizes that recognize the importance
of flexible IT infrastructure if they are to maximize the value of their
supply chain. That used to mean that only a handful of large corporations
could afford the kind of solution to make supply-chain management and
expansion a reality. But with the availability of the Asteria Platform,
we're ensuring that companies of all sizes participate in the global
economy by tiering our offerings to accommodate the level of sophistication
and price point appropriate for their supply-chain management plans."

Pricing and Availability
Enterprise engagements including Asteria Server for RosettaNet will start
in the $200,000 range, and Asteria Planet for RosettaNet Basics starts at
$20,000. The Asteria Server and Planet will be available in the third
quarter of 2001; the Asteria Components are available and shipping now.

About Infoteria Corporation
Infoteria Corporation optimizes the formation, expansion, and management of
secure XML-enabled trading networks. The company's products maximize the
value of corporate supply chains by rapidly implementing trading network
standards that speed time to market and to revenue. Infoteria's Asteria
Platform includes Asteria Server, Asteria Planet, and Asteria components
that enable automation of specific mission-critical business processes.
Infoteria partners include IBM, Microsoft, Toshiba Advanced Systems,
Oracle, Sun, Softbank, Hitachi Systems & Services, and others. Infoteria
Corporation is a member of W3C, Oasis, UDDI and RosettaNet, with
development centers in Tokyo and Boston. Additional information can be
found on the web at http://www.infoteria.com.

Infoteria Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. The ability to
attract highly qualified candidates and reward successful employees is
essential to Infoteria's continued success.

Press Contact:
Karen Spina
FitzGerald Communications Inc.
(617) 488-9500, ext. 271
kspina@fitzgerald.com
www.fitzgerald.com

Infoteria is a trademark of Infoteria Corporation. W3C and XML are the
registered trademarks of World Wide Web Consortium. Other brand product
names are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective holders.
All rights reserved.