announce message

Subject: Organizational Update

OASIS Members

It is with regret that I announce Laura Walker's resignation as Executive
Director effective 15 August 2001.

During Laura's tenure, the Consortium has experienced considerable growth
with OASIS membership more than doubling since May 1999. Laura established
the Boston headquarters for the Consortium increasing staff four-fold. Our
technical work has expanded into exciting new areas including business
transactions, conformance, security, election services, and others.
Additionally, we launched XML.org, the XML.org Registry, and partnered with
UN/CEFACT on ebXML. It has been an exciting 2 plus years.

On behalf of the Board of Directors and the membership at-large, I would
like to express our thanks to Laura and our wishes for much continued
success in her future endeavors.

At the Board's request, Patrick Gannon has agreed to serve as interim CEO
for OASIS. The Board will be forming a search committee to select and
retain a permanent CEO. Patrick can be reached at
patrick.gannon@oasis-open.org.

Bill Smith
Chairman of the Board