announce message

Subject: OASIS Member News: XML Global Technologies,Inc. Lists on Frankfurt Stock Exchange

XML Global Technologies, Inc. Lists on Frankfurt Stock Exchange

Vancouver, B.C., August 22nd, 2001 - XML Global Technologies, Inc. (OTC BB:
XMLG), an XML middleware company, announced today that its shares have been
listed for trading on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. A market maker has been
chosen and the Company's shares will begin trading immediately under the
symbol XM6.

"Listing on the Frankfurt Exchange will increase the profile of XML Global
and our leading XML-based e-Business integration tools with both private and
institutional investors in Germany and across Europe," said Peter Shandro,
CEO of XML Global. "This opportunity to broaden our shareholder base comes
at an excellent time for our Company as we move into the next phase of our
corporate growth initiative. Over the last year we have increased our client
base and enjoyed strong revenue growth," continued Shandro, "and we now look
forward to communicating our corporate message to a wide audience of
European investors."

During the past 12 months XML Global has aggressively positioned itself in
the rapidly expanding XML-based e-Business market. The Company has launched
a range of products including GoXML(tm) Foundation, an entry-level data
integration platform and GoXML(tm) Transform, a powerful and patented
solution for the dynamic exchange of XML, EDI and other data formats. In
addition, strategic technology partnerships with industry leaders such as
Altova and IBM have been established. XML Global has also forged an
important OEM agreement with iWay Software for the launch of the eBIX, an
XML-based Integration Server. With a growing client and partnership base the
Company expects increased market acceptance for its products.

About XML Global Technologies, Inc.
-----------------------------------
XML Global Technologies, Inc. is an XML middleware company focused on
providing a methodical approach to the adoption of XML-based solutions. The
Company's GoXML(tm) product line provides a family of three complementary
solutions based around a patented XML-centric data transformation system:
* Foundation provides strong mapping capabilities, automatic document
  recognition, an extensive library of mapping templates, robust support
  for EDI transactions, and a native XML repository.
* eBIX extends the Foundation product with workflow control, a multitude of
  connectors to backend systems, and plug-in's for IBM's MQSI and
Microsoft's
  BizTalk.
* Central broadens these capabilities by providing transformation solutions
  in web service environments. At its core is a metadata registry that
  supports both ebXML and UDDI specifications.
The Company is an active member of the ebXML, UDDI, OAG and OASIS standards
initiatives. Founded in May 1999, XML Global has its U.S. headquarters in
New York, N.Y., and a Research and Development office in Vancouver, B.C. To
find out more about XML Global Technologies (OBB: XMLG), visit our website
at www.xmlglobal.com

PR Contact Information
Contact    Anthony Dutton
	   Director of Corporate Communications