announce message

Subject: [announce] OASIS Member News: XML Global Signs Strategic PartnerAgreement with SEAGULL

   XML Global Signs Strategic Partner Agreement with SEAGULL
            for GoXML(tm) Transform to Simplify the
        Creation of Web Services in Legacy Environments
New York, N.Y., March 18th, 2002 - XML Global Technologies, Inc.
(OTC BB: XMLG), an XML middleware company, announced today that it
has signed a strategic partnering agreement with SEAGULL Software,
(AEX: SEAGULL) a leading provider of innovative e-Business software
technology. SEAGULL has a worldwide client base of more than 7,000
customers and over 300 employees in North America and Europe.

Under the terms of the agreement SEAGULL will market and sell
GoXML(tm) Transform in conjunction with their Transidiom(tm)
Solution, a software suite for developing and deploying legacy
Web Services and publishing legacy business processes with callable
XML, Java, COM, SOAP and MQSeries. Transidiom utilizes all of the
business logic in legacy applications to protect the integrity of
data and business processes. By incorporating GoXML(tm) Transform
with Transidiom SEAGULL can offer their customers a product that
simplifies the creation and deployment of e-Business solutions.

"By integrating GoXML(tm) Transform with our software products, we
will now be able to offer our customers a comprehensive e-Business
solution incorporating the best of breed XML transformation technology,"
said Kim Addington, Senior Vice President of Marketing for SEAGULL.
"SEAGULL has chosen to resell GoXML(tm) Transform as we believe this
product is the market leader in data transformation and best
compliments the SEAGULL Transidiom e-Business solution."

"The first step in legacy integration is exposing legacy functions
in XML format, and Transidiom is the very best way to do that for
z/OS and OS/400 applications," said Andre den Haan, SEAGULL vice
president of product strategy. "XML does not adhere to one standard,
however, and Global 2000 enterprises are encountering multiple
external XML standards when dealing with their trading partners.
By using GoXML Transform, with its accelerated mapping of XML to
the wide variety of industry standards, we have solved this problem.
Adding the GoXML Transform option to Transidiom, we continue to
expand our product portfolio to make it as easy as possible for
companies to utilize legacy assets in flexible Web architectures."

By using GoXML Transform, SEAGULL can now offer the option of
programming free XML mapping capabilities. GoXML Transform includes
a library of predefined schemas, as well as a visual design studio,
that enables developers to drag-and-drop the XML interface of
Transidiom-built legacy components to predefined industry-standard
formats including SAP iDOCs, SWIFT applications, HIPAA applications,
EDI-X12 transactions, JDBC, SQL, as well as custom XML documents.
Combined with the GoXML Transformation engine, a Transidiom object
can serve as either the source or destination of data for over 120
different applications and databases.

Using GoXML Transform's broad deployment flexibility a Transidiom
object, either as source or destination data, may also be represented
as a Web Service allowing another option when creating friendly B2B
environments. Web services integration with the Transidiom solution
reflects the commitment of both companies to the longer-term, strategic
goals of organizations and to a standards-based approach to true legacy
integration.

"GoXML(tm) Transform is one of the software industry's most powerful
XML transformation solutions and we are working diligently to increase
our customer base," said Peter Shandro, CEO of XML Global Technologies.
"Our strategic partnership with SEAGULL is further evidence of our
commitment to expand the use of this innovative and powerful technology
through OEM and reseller relationships with market leaders" continued
Shandro, "SEAGULL leads with proven e-Business solutions, backed up by
a knowledgeable and strong sales team, and we believe this strategic
partnership will prove successful for all parties."

About Seagull Software
----------------------
SEAGULL's software technology enables customers to derive rapid ROI
from legacy business applications with full lifecycle solutions supporting
terminal emulation, user interface extension, Web-enablement,
standards-based
application integration and Web services. Our infrastructure software
solutions are used in more than 7,000 organizations worldwide, including
government customers and Global 2000 IT departments in the finance, retail,
healthcare, insurance and manufacturing industries. Established in 1990,
SEAGULL is headquartered in Atlanta and The Netherlands. The company is
publicly traded on the Amsterdam Exchange under the symbol SEAGULL.
For more information, visit www.seagullsw.com.

About XML Global Technologies, Inc.
-----------------------------------
XML Global Technologies, Inc. is an XML middleware company focused on
providing a methodical approach to the adoption of XML-based solutions.
The Company's GoXML(tm) Transform product line provides three
complementary levels based on a patented XML-centric data transformation
engine:
* Foundation includes mapping capabilities, automatic document
  recognition, EDI (electronic data interchange) transaction support,
  and a native XML database.
* Server extends Foundation's capabilities with workflow control. It
  provides connectors to backend systems, queuing, scheduling, and
  recovery, and offers plug-ins for IBM's MQSeries.
* Central broadens the capabilities of transformation solutions to
  Web service environments and allows them to integrate metadata
  registries.
The GoXML(tm) Transform product line allows a controlled transition
to XML by offering modular and open systems solutions that complement
existing applications and infrastructure.

The Company is an active member of the ebXML, UDDI, OAG, W3C and OASIS
standards initiatives. Founded in May 1999, XML Global has its US
headquarters in New York, NY, and a research and development office
in Vancouver, BC. To find out more about XML Global Technologies
(OTCBB: XMLG), visit our website at www.xmlglobal.com

PR Contact Information
Contact	Anthony Dutton - XML Global Technologies, Inc.
		Director of Corporate Communications
Phone		1-604-717-1100 ext.112
		1-800-201-1848 ext.112
Email		anthony.dutton@xmlglobal.com