announce message

Subject: [announce] OASIS Member News: XML Global Expands North American SalesDrive with New West Coast Office

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

 Press Release

XML Global Expands North American Sales Drive with New West Coast Office

New California sales office to concentrate on strengthening and building XML
Global's Western North American sales operations.

Vancouver, B.C. - September 26th, 2002 - XML Global Technologies, Inc. (OTC
BB: XMLG), a developer of XML middleware today announced its plans to
significantly ramp up its North American sales efforts by opening a new
regional sales office in Orange County, California. The new office will
spearhead a major sales initiative into the lucrative Western United States
market. Heading up the effort will be Don Smith, a 25 year high tech sales
veteran, who has been appointed Regional Sales Director. He will report to
Gordon Ebanks, Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales, based in New York.

Don Smith brings a wealth of enterprise integration sales experience to XML
Global. He was previously with Sybase, Inc. where he was recognized as the
1993 Western Region Salesman of the Year. From Sybase, Don moved on to sales
management positions with Oracle, Novadigm and Qwest Cyber Solutions where
he was responsible for developing new sales accounts as well as building
existing relationships. Immediately prior to joining XML Global, Don was the
District Sales Manager for Vitria Technology where he was responsible for
enterprise sales in Southern Californian and Arizona. While at Vitria Don
negotiated million dollar plus enterprise sales contracts with multiple
Fortune 2000 accounts in the aerospace, airline, financial services and
utility sectors.

"I'm very excited to be joining XML Global at this time," said Don, "as I
believe they have the best XML based integration tools for the current and
future needs of the sectors in which I have extensive contacts and direct
sales experience. In my previous positions," continued Smith, "I was
consistently coming up against customer integration initiatives that could
not be solved with existing software solutions. I am very impressed with the
breadth of functionality and ease of use of XML Global's product range and
am looking forward to working with a focused and dynamic team to grow their
market share in California and beyond."

"XML Global is broadening its strategic focus towards providing more
comprehensive XML based integration solutions in key vertical markets,"
explained John McAughtry, President of XML Global, "and Don will play a
critical role in this effort. His invaluable enterprise sales experience,
coupled with his extensive local contact base, will help us deliver a more
focused sales effort that aims to meet the specific needs of XML Global's
current and future customers in his territory. We are delighted to have Don
on the XML Global team and are looking forward to his efforts in helping us
grow our market share and revenue base."
About XML Global Technologies, Inc.
XML Global Technologies, Inc. is an XML middleware company focused on
providing a methodical approach to the adoption of XML-based solutions. The
Company's GoXML(tm) Transform product line provides an intuitive, modular
solution for integration of structured data. Its powerful transformation
engine links XML to traditional data formats, like relational and EDI. It
also transforms data between various XML dialects. Transformation solutions
developed with the XML Integration Workbench can be deployed to GoXML
Transform Enterprise Edition for centralized management and connectivity to
integration platforms, message queues, and workflow engines. Interfaces for
Web Services and ebXML allow it to plug into popular e-business
infrastructures.

The Company is an active member of the ebXML, UDDI, OAG, W3C and OASIS
standards initiatives. Founded in May 1999, XML Global has its US
headquarters in New York, NY, and a research and development office in
Vancouver, BC. To find out more about XML Global Technologies (OTCBB: XMLG),
visit our website at www.xmlglobal.com

PR Contact Information
Contact	Anthony Dutton - XML Global Technologies, Inc.
		Director of Corporate Communications
Phone		1-604-717-1100 ext.112
		1-800-201-1848 ext.112
Email		anthony.dutton@xmlglobal.com
Web		www.xmlglobal.com

Forward Looking Statements
All statements are based on XML Global Technologies, Inc.'s current
knowledge and specific assumptions with respect to future business
decisions. The actual results of XML Global Technologies, Inc. may differ
materially from those indicated by these forward looking statements as a
result of various important factors, including, but not limited to, those
discussed in the Risk Factors section of XML Global Technologies' recent
registration document, SB-2/A, which is on file with the Securities and
Exchange Commission.