announce message

Subject: [announce] OASIS Member News: XML Global Technologies and RepublicaSign European Reseller Agreement Focused on Providing Complete e-GovernmentSolutions

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Press Release

XML Global Technologies and Republica Sign European Reseller Agreement
Focused on Providing Complete e-Government Solutions

Partnership to provide a complete Electronic Business XML framework for the
European Public Sector.

New York, N.Y. and Helsinki, Finland - October 22nd, 2002 - XML Global
Technologies, Inc. (OTC BB: XMLG), a developer of XML middleware and
Republica, Corp., a leading European XML based collaboration middleware
company, today announced they have entered into a strategic reseller
agreement for building ebXML based e-Government network services.

The agreement will leverage XML Global's Business-to-Business integration
platform and its out-of-the-box support for ebXML to provide European
governments an open and standards based architecture for implementing their
e-Government projects. Both XML Global and Republica, with government
clients in North America and Europe, have taken an early lead in promoting
the adoption of open standards for public sector use.

"We are committed to provide our e-Government customers better cross-agency
information interoperability, easier back-end integration and leading edge,
open standard collaboration technology," said Jouko Salonen, CEO of
Republica. "we can now offer public sector customers a comprehensive ebXML
based e-Business solution. XML Global's integration platform," continued
Salonen, "with its support for ebXML and a secure and reliable messaging
service, will allow us to quickly focus on the XML infrastructure and
network efficiency needs of our public sector clients."

"We are very pleased to be entering into this reseller partnership with
Republica, who have a long and successful track record of working with the
European public sector," said John McAughtry, President of XML Global. "The
European e-Government sector, with its wide array of integration and
interoperability obstacles, offers both our companies excellent business and
growth opportunities. XML Global has successfully completed several ebXML
contracts for both the US and Canadian governments and we look forward to
working with Republica and building on our success in the public sector."

Republica and XML Global's mission will be to serve the XML infrastructure
needs of the European public sector and to help them build better and more
efficient services using an ebXML framework. Both companies have identified
significant business opportunities in the growing e-Government sector, and
by working together they aim to serve the information interoperability needs
of governments across Europe.

About Republica Corporation
Republica Corp., founded in 1996, provides XML infrastructure components for
information exchange and collaboration. The products facilitate easy and
fast integration of different applications, information systems and
databases. Republica's X-Fetch products provide a platform for fast
enterprise application integration (EAI) and B2B integration with minimal
amount of implementation effort. X-Fetch products accelerate integration
processes, enable easy maintenance of implemented solutions and decrease the
overall expenses of building and operating integrated solutions.
Additionally, internal and external information processes in organizations
become more reliable and transparent. Republica is based in Finland and has
offices both in Helsinki and Jyväskylä. Additional information can be found
at the company web site www.republica.fi.

About XML Global Technologies, Inc.
XML Global Technologies, Inc. is an XML middleware company focused on
providing a methodical approach to the adoption of XML-based solutions. The
Company's GoXML(tm) Transform product line provides an intuitive, modular
solution for integration of structured data. Its powerful transformation
engine links XML to traditional data formats, like relational and EDI. It
also transforms data between various XML dialects. Transformation solutions
developed with the XML Integration Workbench can be deployed to GoXML
Transform Enterprise Edition for centralized management and connectivity to
integration platforms, message queues, and workflow engines. Interfaces for
Web Services and ebXML allow it to plug into popular e-business
infrastructures.

The Company is an active member of the ebXML, UDDI, OAG, W3C and OASIS
standards initiatives. Founded in May 1999, XML Global has its US
headquarters in New York, NY, and a research and development office in
Vancouver, BC. To find out more about XML Global Technologies (OTCBB: XMLG),
visit our website at www.xmlglobal.com

PR Contact Information
Contact	Jouko Salonen - Republica Corp.
CEO
Phonne	+358 403 011 106
Email		jouko.salonen@republica.fi
Web		www.republica.fi

Contact	Anthony Dutton - XML Global Technologies, Inc.
		Director of Corporate Communications
Phone		1-604-717-1100 ext.112
		1-800-201-1848 ext.112
Email		anthony.dutton@xmlglobal.com
Web		www.xmlglobal.com

Forward Looking Statements
All statements are based on XML Global Technologies, Inc.'s current
knowledge and specific assumptions with respect to future business
decisions. The actual results of XML Global Technologies, Inc. may differ
materially from those indicated by these forward looking statements as a
result of various important factors, including, but not limited to, those
discussed in the Risk Factors section of XML Global Technologies' recent
registration document, SB-2/A, which is on file with the Securities and
Exchange Commission.