announce message

Subject: [announce] Arbortext Appoints David Peralta Chief Financial Officer

Arbortext Appoints David Peralta Chief Financial Officer

ANN ARBOR, Mich., November 13, 2002 -- Arbortext, Inc., the only global
provider of XML-based multichannel publishing software, today named David
Peralta as its Chief Financial Officer. Reporting directly to Arbortext
Chief Executive Officer Raymond Schiavone, Peralta will oversee all of the
company’s finance, contracts and human resource functions.

Peralta most recently served as Vice President and Treasurer of
MSC.Software (NYSE: MNS).  Prior to joining MSC.Software, Peralta served
as CFO, Treasurer, and VP of Finance & Administration at Mechanical
Dynamics (Nasdaq: MDII), a publicly traded engineering software company
that was acquired by MSC.Software in May 2002.  Peralta’s leadership and
guidance were instrumental in achieving annual revenue growth of 20% for
nine years, closing and integrating seven acquisitions, and successfully
completing an initial public offering.

“Dave brings to Arbortext an outstanding financial and business
background,” said Raymond Schiavone, president and CEO of Arbortext. “We
expect that his leadership and financial experience at a fast-growing
public company will serve Arbortext’s needs very well during our own rapid
expansion.”

Commenting on his new position, Peralta stated, “Arbortext offers a
terrific opportunity for me to use my skills at a high-growth, blue chip
software company.  I am thrilled to join a growing organization with
talented people, innovative technology, impressive customers and
tremendous market potential.  The company’s attractive selling proposition
and focus on return on investment are clearly resonating with customers in
a challenging information technology environment.  I look forward to
helping a strong management team capitalize on the company’s strengths.”

About Arbortext
Arbortext is the only global provider of XML-based multichannel software
that enables the creation, editing and publishing of information to
multiple media types – Web, print, CD-ROM, wireless – from a single source
of content.  Shipping since 1991, Arbortext’s standards-based software
supports technical publishing, reference publishing and business
publishing applications that enable enterprises to provide more accurate,
cost-efficient, complete, timely, consistent and usable information on all
media. Arbortext’s software is installed at over 300 large multinational
organizations. Current customers include American Express Financial
Services, Audi, Boeing, British Aerospace, Caterpillar, DaimlerChrysler,
Ericsson Telecom, Ford, General Electric, GM, IBM, International Thomson
Publishing, Lucent, Nokia, Nortel Networks, PeopleSoft, Pfizer, Qantas,
Ricoh, Sun Microsystems, United Airlines, Volkswagen, Volvo and West
Group. Arbortext is a founding member and active participant in the XML
Activity of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). Headquartered in Ann
Arbor, Michigan, USA, Arbortext has offices around the world.  For more
information please visit http://www.arbortext.com.

# # #

Contact: 	Beth Ambaruch, APR			Daylan Burlison
	  	Arbortext, Inc.				Phase Two Strategies
	  	+1 734.327.6014				+1 212.530.7547
	 	bea@arbortext.com				dburlison@p2pr.com