announce message

Subject: Arbortext Partners with Data Conversion Laboratory

Arbortext Partners with Data Conversion Laboratory; Offers Data
Conversion Services with Arbortext Software

ANN ARBOR, Mich., September 15, 2003 -- Arbortext, Inc., a leading global
provider of multichannel publishing software, today announced a new
partnership where Arbortext will offer data conversion services from Data
Conversion Laboratory (DCL).

Including DCL data conversion services with Arbortext applications gives
organizations access to more comprehensive solutions as they build and
implement XML-based publishing applications.

“We’ve been working with DCL for many years and it made sense to
strengthen that relationship through this partnership,” said Raymond
Schiavone, President and CEO for Arbortext.  “Working more closely with
DCL allows us to provide our customers with an experienced source for
converting legacy data and ongoing data streams to XML.  DCL’s strength
in legacy data conversion combined with our powerful XML-based software
reduces the difficulty, cost and time of implementing a multichannel
publishing system.”

“In today’s environment, it’s important that organizations work as
efficiently as possible when building and deploying new applications,”
said Mark Gross, President for Data Conversion Laboratory.  “We’re
excited to be working with Arbortext.  By working more closely, we’ll be
able to significantly speed up implementations and assure, to an even
greater extent, that it all works seamlessly.  I’m sure our mutual
customers will be very happy with the results.”

About Data Conversion Laboratory
Founded in 1981, Data Conversion Laboratory has provided data conversion
services to industry, government, publishers, libraries, and technical
documentation developers. To date, the company has successfully converted
more than 200-million pages.  For more information please visit
http://www.dclab.com.

About Arbortext
Arbortext is a leading global provider of XML-based software for content
creation, editing and multichannel publishing to Web, print, CD-ROM and
wireless devices.  Arbortext’s software is installed at over 1,300
organizations worldwide.

Current customers include American Express Financial Services, Audi,
Boeing, Bombardier, British Aerospace, Caterpillar, DaimlerChrysler,
Ericsson Telecom, Ford, General Electric, GM, IBM, International Thomson
Publishing, Lucent, Nokia, Nortel Networks, PeopleSoft, Pfizer, Ricoh,
Sun Microsystems, Toyota, United Airlines, Volkswagen, and Volvo.
Arbortext is a founding member and active participant in the XML Activity
of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). Headquartered in Ann Arbor,
Michigan, USA, Arbortext has offices around the world.  For more
information please visit http://www.arbortext.com.
# # #

Contact: 	Beth Ambaruch, APR				David Stone
	  	Arbortext, Inc.					Ketchum
	  	+1 734.327.6014				+1 312.228.6967
	 	bea@arbortext.com				david.stone@ketchum.com

		Press room:  http://www.arbortext.com/html/press_room.html