announce message

Subject: OASIS Member News -- Corel XMetaL Wins Transform Magazine Readers' Choice Award

For Immediate Release

Corel(R) XMetaL(R) Wins Transform Magazine(R) Readers' Choice Award

Ottawa, Canada - September 17, 2003 - Corel Corporation today announced
that Corel(R) XMetaL(R) has been recognized with a Readers' Choice Award
from Transform Magazine(R), the CMP Media publication focused on those
choosing, managing and using content and collaboration technologies.
Corel XMetaL was honored in the Web content authoring/editing tool
category at the magazine's first annual award ceremony held this
afternoon at TechXNY in New York City.

"We are very pleased that Transform's readers have recognized XMetaL's
technical excellence and the key position it holds in this growing
market," said Bruce Sharpe, vice president of XML content solutions for
Corel Corporation. "We're proud that XMetaL is making a positive
contribution to our customers' workflow, ultimately delivering the
improved performance and bottom line results they expect."

"Until now, our editors have presided over all of our award programs,"
said Doug Henschen, Transform editor-in-chief. "This year we decided to
let our readers choose their favorite products. The Transform Readers'
Choice Awards honor the most appreciated products addressing content and
collaboration management challenges. We congratulate all the winners on
their achievement."

Focusing on the specific needs of both developers and end users, Corel
XMetaL 4 is a platform that extends XML content editing to virtually any
Windows(R) application, including email and Web browsers. It provides
the only richly-customizable XML editing solutions that support dynamic
validation for both DTDs and W3C Schemas. Composed of four separate
applications, Corel XMetaL is designed to meet the unique requirements
of IT managers, developers and end users. For more information on Corel
XMetaL, please visit www.corel.com/xmetal.

Transform readers nominated 38 winners in 19 categories covering
everything from content/document management systems and digital asset
management to electronic forms software and scanners. To ensure a fair,
one-vote-per-reader process among more than 50,000 eligible subscribers,
Transform relied on a tightly controlled, Web-based voting system
employing unique subscriber ID numbers.

About Corel Corporation
Founded in 1985, Corel Corporation (www.corel.com) is a leading
technology company specializing in content creation tools, business
process management and XML-enabled enterprise solutions. The company's
goal is to give consumers and enterprise customers the ability to
create, exchange and instantly interact with visual content that is
always relevant, accurate and available.

-30-

(c) 2003 Corel Corporation. All rights reserved. Corel, XMetaL and the
Corel logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Corel Corporation
and/or its subsidiaries. All other product, font and company names and
logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective
companies.

Jessica Gould
Senior Communications Manager
Corel Corporation