announce message

Subject: OASIS Member News - Arbortext Expands into Latin America; Selects EMC International Group as its First Reseller

ANN ARBOR, Mich., October 6, 2003 - Arbortext, the leading global provider
of multichannel publishing software, today announced it has entered into a
Reseller Agreement with EMC International Group (EMC) to provide sales and
support for customers in Latin America.  EMC is Arbortext's first reseller
for this region and has offices in Chile, Brazil, Colombia and Mexico.  For
over 18 years EMC has provided integrated technology solutions and has built
a solid reputation for strong customer service and on-site sales and
technical support.

'We're thrilled to be Arbortext's first reseller in Latin America," said
Edgar Castillo, President for EMC.  "We're seeing some exciting and dramatic
changes in the information technology arena.  Arbortext software addresses a
growing demand from organizations who need to create information that can be
used, referenced and automatically published from a single source
efficiently and cost effectively."

"EMC has continually demonstrated its leadership in bringing technology
solutions to Latin America," said Daren Lauda, Regional Sales Vice President
for Arbortext.  "We've noticed an increased demand from organizations in
that region needing to implement enterprise publishing solutions.  Because
of EMC's local presence, we believe they are the right partner to work with
us as we address that exciting opportunity. This partnership supports our
geographic expansion plans and provides additional support for our customers
in that region."

About EMC International
EMC International Group, with global headquarters in Ann Arbor, Michigan, is
a world-class enterprise providing integrated technology solutions and
knowledge management services for corporate, government, academic libraries,
scientific and financial research organizations throughout Latin America and
the Caribbean.  For more information please visit http://www.emcintl.com.

About Arbortext
Arbortext is the leading global provider of multichannel publishing software
that enables organizations to provide more personalized, dynamic and easily
searchable content for Web, mobile and print usage.  Arbortext 's software
is installed at over 1,300 organizations worldwide.

Current customers include American Express Financial Services, Audi, Boeing,
Bombardier, British Aerospace, Caterpillar, DaimlerChrysler, Ericsson
Telecom, Ford, General Electric, GM, IBM, International Thomson Publishing,
Lucent, Nokia, Nortel Networks, PeopleSoft, Pfizer, Ricoh, Sun Microsystems,
Toyota, United Airlines, Volkswagen and Volvo. Arbortext is a founding
member and active participant in the XML Activity of the World Wide Web
Consortium (W3C). Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, Arbortext has
offices around the world. For more information please visit
http://www.arbortext.com. # # #

Contact: 	Beth Ambaruch, APR				David Stone
	  	Arbortext, Inc.					Ketchum
	  	+1 734.327.6014				+1 312.228.6967
	 	bea@arbortext.com
david.stone@ketchum.com