announce message

Subject: Cessna Aircraft Selects Arbortext to Publish Customized Flight Manuals, Maintenance Manuals and Parts Catalogs

Cessna Aircraft Selects Arbortext to Publish Customized Flight Manuals,
Maintenance Manuals and Parts Catalogs

ANN ARBOR, Mich., November 11, 2003 – Cessna Aircraft Company, a
subsidiary of Textron Inc (NYSE: TXT), is streamlining the way their
service organization creates and publishes information by implementing
Arbortext software to produce maintenance manuals, parts catalogs and
flight manuals.  Cessna plans to offer highly customized manuals and
catalogs so that pilots, field service personnel and mechanics can
quickly and easily locate information without sifting through irrelevant
content.  Cessna will achieve authoring efficiency gains, cost savings
and fresher, more accurate information through the use of the new
system.

Cessna Aircraft Company manufactures the most complete line of aircraft
in the world with thousands of aircraft in use.  Each model has up to
ten manuals that provide detailed information for pilots and field
service personnel about the maintenance and operation of a particular
aircraft.  Some manuals are 10,000 pages long, which mean updates can be
a slow, costly challenge.  These manuals are also published in different
formats based on user requirements and federal regulations.  For
example, the FAA requires flight manuals be published to paper while
field service personnel may prefer maintenance manuals be available on
CD-ROM or the intranet.

“Arbortext has been working with us for many years and really
understands our business requirements,” said Russ Lowen, Project Leader
for Technical Publications at Cessna.  “We have found the Arbortext
software, with its outstanding XML support, to be ideally suited to help
us create, reuse and automatically publish our information.  The
solution we are implementing will enable us to more easily and
efficiently create and publish content that is accurate, accessible and
complete.”

“Creating and delivering customized documentation cost-effectively poses
a huge challenge for publishing software designed for an earlier era,”
said Ray Schiavone, President and Chief Executive Officer for Arbortext.
“Arbortext’s ability to leverage the XML standard to automate customized
publishing makes our software a perfect fit for user documentation and
training manual applications.  We look forward to working with
organizations such as Cessna as they transform existing publishing
processes.”

About Cessna Aircraft
Cessna Aircraft Company is a subsidiary of Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) an
$11 billion multi-industry company with 49,000 employees in 40
countries. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands
such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna Aircraft, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO and
Greenlee. More information is available at www.textron.com or
www.cessna.com.

About Arbortext
Arbortext is the leading global provider of automated publishing
software that enables organizations to provide more personalized,
dynamic and easily searchable content for Web, mobile and print usage.
Arbortext’s software is installed at over 1,300 organizations worldwide.

Current customers include American Express Financial Services, Audi,
Boeing, Bombardier, British Aerospace, Caterpillar, DaimlerChrysler,
Ericsson Telecom, Ford, General Electric, GM, IBM, International Thomson
Publishing, Lucent, Nokia, Nortel Networks, PeopleSoft, Pfizer, Ricoh,
Sun Microsystems, Toyota, United Airlines, Volkswagen and Volvo.
Arbortext is a founding member and active participant in the XML
Activity of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). Headquartered in Ann
Arbor, Michigan, USA, Arbortext has offices around the world. For more
information please visit http://www.arbortext.com.
# # #

Contact: 	Beth Ambaruch, APR				David Stone
	  	Arbortext, Inc.					Ketchum
	  	+1 734.327.6014				+1 312.228.6967
	 	bea@arbortext.com				david.stone@ketchum.com

		Press room:  http://www.arbortext.com/html/press_room.html