announce message

Subject: Documentum Expands Use of Arbortext Software

Documentum Expands Use of Arbortext Software; Moves From Manual to Automated Publishing of Software Documentation

Ann Arbor, Mich., December 8, 2003 – Documentum (Nasdaq: DCTM) spent as long as three months per software release to localize
and publish its software documentation.  With two software cycles scheduled each year representing 9,000 pages per cycle of
localized content in six languages, this was becoming an inefficient, costly process.  Arbortext today announced that
Documentum is expanding its use of Arbortext software by implementing Arbortext’s Enterprise E-Content Engine (E3) publishing
server.  E3 will enable Documentum to move from manual to automated publishing of its software documentation in order to
decrease publishing times, increase authoring efficiencies and reduce publishing costs.  Documentum expects its investment
payback during the first year.

Documentum initially began using Arbortext in December 1999 to provide its authors with an intuitive, easy-to-use XML-based
authoring software to create its software documentation.  Since that first deployment, Documentum has streamlined its
authoring processes and has reduced the overall time of creating and publishing documentation from several months to several
weeks.

”Arbortext software works very nicely with the Documentum ECM platform, which was a key reason we decided to expand the use
of their technology to address our publishing requirements,” said Robert Carel, Senior Manager of Technical Publications for
Documentum.  “Arbortext continues to provide the flexibility and scalability we require as our needs evolve.”

"We are pleased to have Documentum join our growing list of leading technology companies that are leveraging Arbortext to
automate their publishing processes," said Raymond Schiavone, president and CEO of Arbortext.  "Increasingly, customers
demand solutions that can reduce publishing costs and decrease time to market, while providing a very rapid payback on their
investment.  We are pleased to support Documentum in these efforts."

Technology Companies Rely on Arbortext
Many leading technology companies have selected Arbortext for its XML-based authoring and automated publishing software,
including Compaq, Fujitsu, Hewlett Packard, Hitachi, IBM, National Semiconductor, Novell, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Rational,
Ricoh, SAP, SAP Institute, Software AG and Sun Microsystems.

About Documentum
Documentum provides enterprise content management (ECM) solutions that enable organizations to unite teams, content and
associated business processes. Documentum's integrated set of content, compliance and collaboration solutions support the way
people work, from initial discussion and planning through design, production, marketing, sales, service and corporate
administration. With a single platform, Documentum enables people to collaboratively create, manage, deliver and archive the
content that drives business operations, from documents and discussions to email, Web pages, records and rich media. The
Documentum platform makes it possible for companies to distribute all of this content in multiple languages, across internal
and external systems, applications and user communities. As a result, Documentum's customers, which include thousands of the
world's most successful organizations, harness corporate knowledge, accelerate time to market, increase customer
satisfaction, enhance supply chain efficiencies and reduce operating costs, improving their overall competitive advantage.
For more information, visit Documentum on the Web at www.documentum.com.

About Arbortext
Arbortext is the leading global provider of automated publishing software that enables organizations to provide more
personalized, dynamic and easily searchable content for Web, mobile and print usage. Arbortext’s software is installed at
over 1,300 organizations worldwide.

Current customers include American Express Financial Services, Audi, Boeing, Bombardier, British Aerospace, Caterpillar,
DaimlerChrysler, Ericsson Telecom, Ford, General Electric, GM, IBM, International Thomson Publishing, Lucent, Nokia, Nortel
Networks, PeopleSoft, Pfizer, Ricoh, Sun Microsystems, Toyota, United Airlines, Volkswagen and Volvo. Arbortext is a founding
member and active participant in the XML Activity of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). Headquartered in Ann Arbor,
Michigan, USA, Arbortext has offices around the world. For more information, please visit www.arbortext.com.

Contacts: 	Beth Ambaruch, APR				David Stone
		Arbortext, Inc.					Ketchum
		+1 734.327.6014				+1 312.228.6967
		bea@arbortext.com				david.stone@ketchum.com

		Press room:  http://www.arbortext.com/html/press_room.html