announce message

Subject: AmberPoint secures $8.2M and announces product enhancements

Hi,

This morning AmberPoint announced $8.2M in funding and a new release of its
industry-leading software for managing service-oriented architectures
comprised of Web services and other components.

AmberPoint's latest release delivers valuable new capabilities to meet
rapidly advancing customer requirements for managing greater complexity,
enhancing reliability and handling greater scalability as their
service-oriented systems grow. The new release of AmberPoint represents
significant enhancements across all AmberPoint solutions: Service Level
Manager, Exception Manager and AmberPoint Management Foundation.

I've included both releases below.

Please let me know if you're interested in speaking with an AmberPoint
executive.

Thanks for your time,
Jennifer White
415-703-9454

*****
AmberPoint Announces New System Release with Enhanced Capabilities for
Larger Scale Service-Oriented Applications

Management Leader Addresses the Growing Complexity and Scale of
Service-Oriented Systems

Oakland, Calif. - June 21, 2004 - AmberPoint, Inc. announced today a new
release of its industry-leading software for managing service-oriented
architectures comprised of Web services and other components. AmberPoint's
latest release delivers valuable new capabilities to meet rapidly advancing
customer requirements for managing greater complexity, enhancing reliability
and handling greater scalability as their service-oriented systems grow. The
new release of AmberPoint represents significant enhancements across all
AmberPoint solutions: Service Level Manager, Exception Manager and
AmberPoint Management Foundation.

"Our move to a real-time enterprise is accelerating the need for
event-driven interfaces between systems," said John Schmidt, IS Leader at
Best Buy. "As these loosely coupled systems become more widespread, we
require additional means of managing them, understanding the dependencies
among system components and handling increased traffic. With its new
release, AmberPoint is addressing such requirements to help ensure that our
systems are reliable business assets."

The new release of AmberPoint addresses additional requirements of
enterprise-wide applications running across service oriented architectures
(SOA). For example, AmberPoint now supports real-time management of
thousands of active service level agreements across multiple customers and
services. To reduce complexity, it automatically discovers services and
displays interdependencies across service-oriented systems. To ensure
optimal availability and performance of the management layer, AmberPoint has
introduced the industry's first recoverable services management system.

"AmberPoint continues to strengthen its product suite to meet customer
requirements," said Simon Walker, Web services development manager, British
Telecommunications Plc. "With its latest release, AmberPoint is delivering
capabilities that are important to larger-scale enterprise deployments. The
enhancements in AmberPoint will simplify the work of managing and
maintaining rapidly growing service oriented environments."

"As our service-oriented systems continue to grow, we need better ways to
manage the mounting complexity of these distributed systems," said Toby
Redshaw, corporate vice president of IT Strategy Architecture and eBusiness,
Motorola. "This elevates the role of the management layer. AmberPoint's new
release will enable us to better manage our progressively more sophisticated
services-oriented environment and to manage service levels effectively in
the face of significant increases to the number of active connections."

"Whereas a year ago the services-based applications we were called on to
manage often had only a dozen services and up to a hundred service
agreements, this year it has changed radically," said Gordon Loudon, vice
president of Customer Support and Services, AmberPoint. "This year our
customers are rolling-out systems with thousands of endpoints and thousands
of active service agreements. And we're seeing this sort of increase in
complexity across a variety of industries, including retail,
telecommunications, manufacturing and insurance."

This new release builds on earlier releases of AmberPoint that greatly
expanded the types of SOA software and hardware components that can be
managed using AmberPoint, including both SOAP and non-SOAP XML, HTML Web
pages, hardware switches and blade servers.

Managing Application Complexity
AmberPoint enables the Operations staff to more easily track services
throughout the system. Additionally, AmberPoint uses a patent-pending
message fingerprinting technology to discover service interdependencies
across platforms (language, application server and operating system)
throughout the enterprise.

* Automated service discovery
* Automated discovery and graphical representation of service
interdependencies
* Dynamic assignment of service level agreements and performance targets
* Graphical representation of services network
* Virtualization of services: Hides users and dependent services from
changes and rearrangements of service definitions.
* Visualization of exceptions: graphical representation for root cause
analysis

Managing the Management System
The reliability of the management system itself is critical to the success
of Web services-driven business initiatives. AmberPoint has introduced new
capabilities that ensure optimal reliability and performance from the
management system.

* Recoverable management system: AmberPoint can automatically rebuild its
critical management information in case of disk failure.
* No single point of failure: There is no single point of failure than can
disable processing of a service.

Massive Scalability
AmberPoint supports high transaction volumes, handling thousands of active
service level agreements across multiple customers and services. AmberPoint
has also streamlined the user experience for customers with higher
transaction volumes by simplifying the creation of policies and allowing for
simpler, hierarchical categorization of QoS data. Additional new scalability
features include:

* Baselining: Users can set service levels and thresholds based on averages
and relative variances, which are automatically tabulated by AmberPoint.
* Data model optimization: The methods for writing, reading and storing data
are optimized for different data models

"From working closely with our customers, we've seen firsthand their
evolving requirements for management, and we release new products to stay
ahead of those market needs," said Paul Butterworth, AmberPoint CTO. "The
architectural underpinnings of our management platform remove the burden of
implementing our product upgrades. Our customers can add new management
capabilities such as interdependency tracking without having to recode their
services."

Related News
In other news today, AmberPoint announced the close of an $8.2 million
funding round (see related release, "AmberPoint Secures $8.2 Million in
Third-Round Funding").

About AmberPoint
AmberPoint is the leading provider of management software for
service-oriented architectures (SOA). With its modular, distributed
architecture, AmberPoint radically simplifies the management and evolution
of service-based business solutions. For more information, contact
AmberPoint at 510.663.6300 or info@amberpoint.com, or visit the company
website at www.amberpoint.com for a complimentary developer's edition of
AmberPoint software.

#   #   #

AmberPoint Secures $8.2 Million in Third-Round Funding

Existing Investors Are Joined by Motorola Ventures in Series C Financing for
Leading Service-Oriented Management Vendor

Oakland, Calif., June 21, 2004 - AmberPoint, Inc. today announced that it
has completed an $8.2 million third round of funding from existing investors
Crosslink Capital, Norwest Venture Partners and Sutter Hill Ventures, as
well as new investor Motorola Ventures, the equity investment arm of
Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT). To date, the service-oriented management leader
has raised $30.8 million in funding.

The funding will be used to expand engineering operations, customer support,
sales and marketing. AmberPoint will also continue its worldwide expansion.
In addition to opening new domestic sales offices in Chicago and New York,
the company recently added European technical support and opened sales
offices in London and Paris.

"AmberPoint has continued to demonstrate product leadership, customer
traction and the resulting revenue growth," said Promod Haque, managing
partner at Norwest Venture Partners. "As the adoption of service-oriented
systems grows, the comprehensive management capabilities AmberPoint provides
become more and more crucial for enterprises. With its growing roster of
marquee customers, strong industry alliances and excellent management team,
AmberPoint is well positioned to expand its lead in the market."

"During our process of selecting AmberPoint as our enterprise-wide Web
services management solution at Motorola, we evaluated not only product
capabilities but also the pedigree of the company, the experience of its
management team and its opportunity to capitalize on this growing market,"
said Warren Holtsberg, corporate vice president and director of Equity
Investing, Motorola, Inc. "What we found in AmberPoint was a very strong
company that intrigued us on multiple fronts."

"This funding demonstrates broad interest from the investment community and
strong support from our existing investors," said John Hubinger, AmberPoint
President and CEO. "We're extremely pleased to have closed this up round of
funding in such a competitive marketplace. With these additional funds,
AmberPoint is well positioned to deliver additional market-leading
solutions, expand our global reach, continue to deepen our alliances with
other industry leaders and build on our strong initial revenues."

In other news today, AmberPoint announced a new release of its software (see
related release, "AmberPoint Announces New System Release with Enhanced
Capabilities for Larger Scale Service-Oriented Applications").

With its uniquely non-invasive approach for managing distributed,
heterogeneous service-oriented systems, AmberPoint integrates into any
environment to quickly deliver comprehensive management, monitoring and
security capabilities without requiring additional coding to Web services or
other system components. AmberPoint is the first service-oriented management
vendor with solutions that run natively in both .NET and Java, enabling its
software products to fully leverage the advantages of both prevailing
service-oriented platforms.

About AmberPoint
AmberPoint is the leading provider of management software for
service-oriented architectures (SOAs). With its modular, distributed