announce message

Subject: Arbortext Continues Global Expansion with Entry into China

Arbortext Continues Global Expansion with Entry into China; Announces
System Integration Partnership with AVIC Information Technology Co Ltd

ANN ARBOR, Michigan and BEIJING, China, July 15, 2004 -- Arbortext, Inc.,
the leading provider of Enterprise Publishing Software, today announced
it has entered into a systems integration partnership with AVIC
Information Technology Co Ltd, a leading professional information
technology company based in Beijing, China.  AVICIT will work with
Arbortext to provide sales, professional services and technical support
for Arbortext applications as well as build and implement market
awareness programs that highlight the importance of XML-based enterprise
publishing.

Since its formation, AVICIT has focused its research and practice on
XML-based content management and information publishing applications and
is considered one of the few leading professional content management
service provider companies in China.

Mr. Raymond Schiavone, Arbortext's President and CEO, today proudly
signed the formal agreement between AVIC Information Technology Co Ltd,
and Arbortext, signifying the importance of this partnership between the
two companies. While in China Mr. Schiavone will present Arbortext's
Enterprise Publishing vision at a customer seminar being hosted by
AVICIT.

Said Mr. Schiavone, "I am delighted and honored to visit Beijing and am
very proud to be working with AVICIT as we formalize our partnership.
This is the beginning of a long-term relationship that I believe will
greatly benefit both our companies.  The ability to provide our customers
with localized support is very important as we continue to expand our
market leadership, and working with AVICIT will enable both our companies
to open up new market opportunities."

About Arbortext
Arbortext is the leading provider of Enterprise Publishing Software that
enables organizations to create and automatically publish large amounts
of information, such as technical manuals, pharmaceutical product
information, legal information and software documentation.  Enterprises
around the world use our software to publish in multiple languages to
multiple audiences in multiple hardcopy and electronic output formats.
Arbortext's software is installed at over 1,400 organizations worldwide.

Current customers include AVIC1 Commercial Aircraft Co Ltd, American
Express Financial Services, Audi, Boeing, Bombardier, British Aerospace,
Caterpillar, DaimlerChrysler, Ericsson Telecom, Ford, General Electric,
GM, IBM, International Thomson Publishing, Lucent, Nokia, Nortel
Networks, PeopleSoft, Pfizer, Ricoh, Sun Microsystems, Toyota, United
Airlines, Volkswagen and Volvo. Arbortext is a founding member and active
participant in the XML Activity of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, Arbortext has offices around
the world. For more information, please visit www.arbortext.com.

Contact: 	Beth Ambaruch, APR
	  	Arbortext, Inc.
	  	+1 734.327.6014