announce message

Subject: Arbortext Honored as One of 25 "Best Small and Medium Companies to Work for in America"

Arbortext Honored as One of 25 "Best Small and Medium Companies to Work
for in America"

ANN ARBOR, Mich., July 21, 2004 -- Arbortext, Inc., the leading provider
of Enterprise Publishing Software, today announced it has been named as
one of the "best small and medium companies to work for in America,"
according to the Great Place to Work Institute and the Society for Human
Resource Management.

"It is outstanding that Arbortext has received this recognition," said
Michigan First Gentleman Daniel Granholm Mulhern, who is leading an
effort to make the State of Michigan a great workplace. "Arbortext
obviously values its employees and recognizes that productivity and
profits are directly linked to a happy, healthy workplace."

Great Place to Work Institute cofounder Robert Levering said, "The
companies on this list set the standards for all workplaces. Companies
like Arbortext are successful because they create an environment where
employees trust their management, have pride in their work and have
positive relationships with their team members."

Arbortext's placement on this list expands upon an already impressive
list of prestigious awards, including:
.	The American Business Awards - "Stevie Award for Best New
Product" (2004)
.	KMWorld Magazine - "100 Companies that Matter in Knowledge
Management" (2004, 2003)
.	Econtent Magazine - "Content 100" list (2003, 2002, 2001)
.	AlwaysOn - "Top 100 Private Companies" list (2003)
.	The Seybold Report Editors' "Hot Picks: Must See New
Technologies" (2003)
.	VentureReporter's "Top 25 Companies to IPO" (2003)

Arbortext also continues with impressive financial success, including 11
straight quarters of record revenue and continued expansion into Asia
Pacific, Latin America and Europe.

"We are honored to receive this recognition for our company and for the
great people on our team," said Raymond Schiavone, President and CEO for
Arbortext.  "The Arbortext team is made of dedicated people who hold the
belief that it is important to work hard, deliver outstanding customer
service and have some fun at the same time. I believe this philosophy
shows through to our clients and I'm proud to say that it's one of the
many reasons why our company continues to be successful."

This year marks the launch of the list, which ranks the top 25 small and
top 25 medium companies in America that have used smart people management
strategies to develop a strong trust between employees and management.
The organizations, ranging in size from 50 to 999 employees, were
announced by SHRM and selected and ranked by the Great Place to Work
InstituteR based on the results of a randomly distributed employee
opinion survey. Each evaluated company was given a score based on
employees' responses to a detailed questionnaire about the organizations'
workplace cultures.

The winning organizations will appear in the July issue of HR Magazine,
available at www.shrm.org/hmagazine and also listed on the Great Places
to Work Institute Web site at www.greatplacestowork.com.

About Arbortext
Arbortext is the leading provider of Enterprise Publishing Software that
enables organizations to create and automatically publish large amounts
of information, such as technical manuals, pharmaceutical product
information, legal information and software documentation.  Enterprises
around the world use our software to publish in multiple languages to
multiple audiences in multiple hardcopy and electronic output formats.
Arbortext's software is installed at over 1,400 organizations worldwide.

Current customers include American Express Financial Services, Audi,
Boeing, Bombardier, British Aerospace, Caterpillar, DaimlerChrysler,
Ericsson Telecom, Ford, General Electric, GM, IBM, International Thomson
Publishing, Lucent, Nokia, Nortel Networks, PeopleSoft, Pfizer, Ricoh,
Sun Microsystems, Toyota, United Airlines, Volkswagen and Volvo.
Arbortext is a founding member and active participant in the XML Activity
of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). Headquartered in Ann Arbor,
Michigan, USA, Arbortext has offices around the world. For more
information, please visit www.arbortext.com.

About the Great Place to Work Institute
The Great Place to Work Institute is a research and management
consultancy headquartered in San Francisco with affiliate offices in 25
other countries throughout the world. The organization produces other
"Best Companies to Work for" lists, including Fortune's "100 Best
Companies to Work for"C, which recognizes employers with 1,000 or more
employees.

About SHRM
SHRM is the world's largest association devoted to human resource
management. Representing more than 185,000 individual members, the
Society's mission is both to serve human resource management
professionals and to advance the profession. Founded in 1948, SHRM
currently has more than 500 affiliated chapters and members in more than
100 countries.

Contact: 	Beth Ambaruch, APR			Kirsten Nelson

	  	Arbortext, Inc.				Ketchum
	  	+1 734.327.6014			+1 312.228.6959
	 	bea@arbortext.com
kirsten.nelson@ketchum.com