announce message

Subject: Digital Evolution Changes Name; Becomes SOA Software

Digital Evolution Changes Name; Becomes SOA Software

New name reflects the company’s complete SOA Fabric solution

Santa Monica, Calif.—March 7, 2005—Effective today, Digital Evolution™, the leading provider of comprehensive SOA and Web services management, security and governance solutions, has changed its name to SOA Software™, with a new domain name of www.soa.com. The change was made to better reflect the company’s mission and ability to provide comprehensive products and services to help enterprises deploy, manage and secure Service-Oriented Architectures (SOAs).

"Service-Oriented Architecture has rapidly become an absolute requirement for most enterprises," said Ronald Schmelzer, senior analyst, ZapThink, LLC. "By making this name change, SOA Software has clearly shown their commitment to the market, its customers, and product excellence. We are excited to see the traction the company continues to get in the market."

SOA Software is helping the market accelerate the SOA deployment process through its SOA fabric solution that includes the Service Manager, Registry and XML VPN products. By enabling companies to manage and secure Web services and mitigate security policy enforcement challenges, SOA Software delivers a comprehensive SOA Governance solution unlock the true value of Web services and SOA.

“Companies deploying Web services cannot afford to be reactive or insular toward changes in their IT architectures.  A Web services framework provides the infrastructure for companies to effectively control all of their Web services,” said Daryl Plummer, Gartner Research Analyst.  “Companies that understand the importance of adding and integrating missing functionality to their Web services offerings (such as management, security and governance capabilities) will quickly address their customers’ needs for more-holistic products offerings that encompass the issues raised in Web services frameworks.”

“SOA Software has developed the most comprehensive SOA fabric solution on the market today enabling our customers to deploy true enterprise-wide SOAs,” said Paul Gigg, CEO of SOA Software.  “Our name change reflects this fact and highlights our experience and vision in the market and demonstrates our commitment to being the continued leader in bringing innovative products and services to our enterprise customers.”

About SOA Software

SOA Software, formerly Digital Evolution, is the leading provider of comprehensive enterprise-class SOA security, management, and governance solutions.  SOA Software’s products include the award winning Service Manager, Registry, and XML VPN.  The Service Manager™ secures, monitors, and manages XML and Web services, and was awarded the 2004 Gold Product of the Year Award for Web Services Management from SearchWebServices.com.  The XML VPN makes it easy for companies to securely publish Web services for their partners to consume.  It ensures the usability, security, and reliability of Web services allowing partners to create new business models.  SOA Software’s UDDIv3 compliant Registry is the first product to integrate service discovery with policy and performance management.  These products combine to create the only complete SOA Fabric solution available today.  SOA Software is a privately held company backed by leading investors including Redpoint, Mellon Ventures, Palisades Ventures Fund and Paladin Capital Group. For more information, please visit www.soa.com.
###