announce message

Subject: AAI Corporation Selects Arbortext Enterprise Publishing Software to Publish Tactical Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Manuals

AAI Corporation Selects Arbortext Enterprise Publishing Software to
Publish Tactical Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Manuals

ANN ARBOR, Mich., April 18, 2005 -- Arbortext, the leading provider of
enterprise publishing software, today announced that AAI Corporation, a
subsidiary of United Industrial Corporation (NYSE: UIC), has selected
its software to create and publish maintenance and repair manuals for
the Tactical Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (TUAV) for the United States Army.

Military suppliers are being asked to deliver systems quickly and
provide fast maintenance, training and operational support teams around
the globe. Arbortext Enterprise Publishing software will enable AAI
Corporation to improve and automate the content creation and publishing
process, ultimately ensuring that field maintenance personnel receive
updated product information as fast as possible, fully supporting AAI
Corporation's rapid fielding of innovative new TUAV capabilities.

"Using Arbortext software means we no longer have to outsource the final
generation of manuals in Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETMs)
formats, enabling us to meet and exceed the emerging needs of our
customers quicker than ever before," said Pat Truitt, Vice President of
Operations at AAI Services Corporation.  "I believe the solution we are
implementing with Arbortext enables us to build on that tradition for
all of AAI's product lines."

"We work with a number of government organizations that must tackle the
challenge of creating and publishing information to support a variety of
military requirements," said Raymond Schiavone, President and CEO for
Arbortext.  "We are delighted to be working with AAI as they build an
enterprise publishing strategy to improve the way information is created
and delivered."

Other government and defense contractors using Arbortext Enterprise
Publishing software include the U.S. Department of Defense, Northrop
Grumman, Pratt & Whitney, RAAF, SAIC, Sikorsky, and the UK Ministry of
Defence.

About AAI Corp. (www.aaicorp.com)
AAI Corporation, a subsidiary of United Industrial Corporation, designs,
produces, and supports defense systems.  Its products and services
include unmanned aerial vehicle systems, training and simulation
systems, automated aircraft test and maintenance equipment, armament
systems, logistical and engineering services, and other leading-edge
technology solutions for defense needs.

About Arbortext (www.arbortext.com)
Arbortext is the leading provider of enterprise publishing software that
enables organizations to create and automatically publish large amounts
of information, such as technical manuals, pharmaceutical product
information, legal information and software documentation.  Enterprises
around the world use our software to publish in multiple languages to
multiple audiences in multiple hardcopy and electronic output formats.
Arbortext's software is installed at over 1,700 organizations worldwide.

Current customers include American Express Financial Services, Audi,
Boeing, Bombardier, British Aerospace, Caterpillar, DaimlerChrysler,
Ericsson Telecom, Ford, General Electric, GM, IBM, International Thomson
Publishing, Lucent, Nokia, Nortel Networks, Pfizer, Ricoh, Sun
Microsystems, Toyota, United Airlines, Volkswagen and Volvo. Arbortext
is a founding member and active participant in both the XML Activity of
the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and the Organization for the
Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS). Headquartered
in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, Arbortext has offices around the world.

Contact: 	Beth Ambaruch, APR
	  	Arbortext, Inc.
	  	+1 734.327.6014
	 	bea@arbortext.com