announce message

Subject: Webcast - The Next Generation of Identity Federation: Standards Convergence in SAML 2.0

RSA Security welcomes you to join us for a free web seminar on Thursday May 5, 2005, at 2:00 pm EDT entitled "The Next Generation of Identity Federation: Standards Convergence in SAML 2.0," featuring expert speakers from OASIS and the Liberty Alliance.

To register, please click below or read on for details.

https://placeware.viewcentral.com/reg/rsasecurity/050505oasis

In March the Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS) ratified Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) Version 2.0, making it the gold standard for enabling identity federation. By incorporating key functionality from the Liberty Alliance’s Identity Federation Framework (ID-FF), higher education’s Shibboleth initiative, and SAML 1.1, SAML 2.0 represents an important step towards federated identity standards convergence.

Attend this complimentary RSA Security live webcast and Q&A featuring experts from OASIS and the Liberty Alliance as they cover:

> what SAML is, who has contributed to its development, and how it is being used today

> important new features and functionality introduced in SAML 2.0

> conformance plans for SAML 2.0 by the Liberty Alliance, and how Liberty is already supporting SAML 2.0 in its web services specifications

> results from the 12-vendor OASIS SAML Interoperability Lab at the RSA® Conference

> recommendations for implementing identity federation today

Register Now!

https://placeware.viewcentral.com/reg/rsasecurity/050505oasis

If your organization is investigating or planning to implement identity federation, you will not want to miss this exciting event!

After registering you will receive an e-mail confirmation with instructions for accessing the live webcast. Please join us on Thursday, May 5th from the convenience of your desk for this online event!

ABOUT THE PRESENTERS

James Bryce Clark, Director of Standards Development for OASIS, is responsible for managing the consortium's industry standards efforts. He is a frequent speaker and author in e-commerce and information security law as well as complex finance transactions.

Robert Philpott is co-chair of the OASIS Security Services Technical Committee, which develops the SAML OASIS Standard. Rob is also a Senior Consulting Engineer at RSA Security responsible for product architecture and XML-based security standards implementation within the Identity & Access Management Solutions Group.

Paul Madsen is Co-Chair of the Technology Expert Group in the Liberty Alliance, an industry initiative for federated identity on the Web. He also contributes to the Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML).

To opt out of RSA Security email, click here:

https://rsasecurity1.rsc03.net/servlet/website/ResponseForm?klHE.26tHps_wkLMLkLgJLl

RSA Security respects your online privacy. You can view our e-mail policy here:

http://www.rsasecurity.com/node.asp?id=2470

As part of an effort to continuously improve our e-mail communication practices, we welcome and encourage your input on this policy.

RSA, the RSA logo, and Confidence Inspired are either registered trademarks or trademarks of RSA Security Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other products and/or services mentioned are trademarks of their respective owners.

(c) 2005 RSA Security Inc. All rights reserved.

This is an advertisement from RSA Security, Inc., 174 Middlesex Turnpike, Bedford, MA 01730