announce message

Subject: Hermes Integrated by enerbility for European Energy Trading

enerbility Integrated CECID's Hermes for European Energy Trading

HONG KONG / VIENNA, January 13, 2006: The Center for E-Commerce
Infrastructure Development (CECID) of the University of Hong Kong (HKU)
and enerbility software gmbh of Vienna, Austria, are pleased to announce
that the open source ebXML message service handler, Hermes, has been
integrated in the electronic confirmation matching system enerbility 2.0.

enerbility 2.0 is the second generation of an ECM-system developed for
the over-the-counter trading in the European energy industry. It is in
use at major energy trading companies in Europe like E.ON, ATEL,
Statkraft and APT.

enerbility focuses on the integration of best-of-breed third-party
components into and around its transactional XML exchange and processing
technology. To comply with the industry demand for ebXML, enerbility
went for Hermes. In the selection process almost all available ebXML
products have been evaluated and a selected subset has been tested.

Martin Schimak, the engineer evaluating the products, states: "In our
evaluation process, we've considered all relevant aspects to find the
best product concerning cost-performance ratio. We chose Hermes and are
very satisfied with its stability and performance."

Hannes Stiebitzhofer, CEO of enerbility software gmbh, adds: "The
reliability of Hermes - besides its ebXML MS 2.0 compliance as tested by
ebXML Asia Committee - is a perfect complement to enerbility, running
without any incidents for months."

CECID is happy about Hermes’ first production use in the European energy
trading market. “This is very encouraging to all of us. enerbility has
demonstrated the use of Hermes in a ‘raw material’ supply chain. Without
the support of our funding agency, the Innovation and Technology
Commission of Hong Kong, we couldn’t have developed Hermes. On the other
hand, today’s Hermes is also the result of contribution by developers in
the open-source community around the world. I’m very pleased to see
Hermes being chosen as the messaging gateway to facilitate the energy
sector,” says Dr. David Cheung, Director of CECID.

Thomas Lee, CTO of CECID, also responds positively to enerbility’s
decision. “enerbility is an innovative and fast-moving company. We are
proud that Hermes, an open-source project that has been downloaded by
80+ economies, is able to meet enerbility’s stringent requirements for
performance and scalability in terms of handling a large number of
messages reliably and securely.”

About enerbility software gmbh (www.enerbility.com)
enerbility software gmbh is a dynamic flexible Vienna-based company
which emerged from a pilot project for the development of an Electronic
Confirmation Matching Systems (ECM) based on the EFET (European
Federation of Energy Traders) Standard. enerbility software gmbh was
founded in Spring 2004 and is focused on software development and
consultancy for the energy sector.

About CECID (www.cecid.hku.hk)
Established in January 2002, the Center for E-Commerce Infrastructure
Development (CECID) at the University of Hong Kong conducts e-commerce
research and development with the vision of helping organizations
increase their competitiveness in the global economy. CECID develops
e-commerce enabling technologies, participates in important
international e-commerce initiatives, supports e-commerce
standardization for Hong Kong and the Asia Pacific Region, and transfers
e-commerce technology and skills to the community. With projects
primarily funded by the Hong Kong Government's Innovation and Technology
Commission, CECID is an active member of OASIS and the ebXML Asia
Committee. The Center also collaborates with a number of lead technology
users in the Asia-Pacific Region on turning R&D results into real-life
business applications. CECID's contributions to the community include
its code donation of Hermes and ebMail to freebXML
(http://www.freebxml.org) and the production of an in-depth design and
management guide on XML Schemas for the Hong Kong Government.

CECID's PR Contact:
Dorris Tai (cwtai@cecid.hku.hk)
Business Manager
Center for E-Commerce Infrastructure Development (CECID)
Dept. of Computer Science
The University of Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2859 2818
Fax: +852 2547 4611