announce message

Subject: SOA Software Announces revenues to $29.9M and Growth of more than 450%

http://www.soa.com/index.php/section/company_press_detail/soa_software_a
nnounces_banner_year_in_2005/

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SOA Software Announces Banner Year in 2005

Company acquires new large enterprise customers and grows revenue more
than 450 percent to $29.9 million to take the lead in SOA infrastructure

SANTA MONICA, Calif.- January 23, 2006-SOA Software, the leading
provider of comprehensive SOA and Web services management, security and
governance solutions, today announced its financial results for fiscal
year 2005.  The company delivered revenues of $29.9 million, showing
more than 450 percent growth over 2004.

"We are very proud of the performance of the whole company through
2005," said Paul Gigg, president and CEO of SOA Software.  "We expanded
the breadth of our products, added new corporate accounts and are
delivering real world solutions to our customers.  This is only the
beginning and we fully expect to continue to win large accounts and
maintain our rapid growth throughout 2006."

During 2005 SOA Software added 74 new customers including AARP,
Dominion, JetBlue, Merrill Lynch, Reynolds and Reynolds, Tyco and many
others.  This performance puts SOA Software into a different class from
its competitors, providing large enterprises with the option to work
with a financially stable vendor that has a comprehensive and advanced
SOA infrastructure solution.

2005 also saw SOA Software expand its product portfolio with the
acquisition of the X4ML mainframe Web services platform from Merrill
Lynch. This product was renamed SOLA (Service Oriented Legacy
Architecture), introduced in December 2005 and it will be shipping in
the first quarter of 2006. This product will extend revenue growth this
year with a complete value proposition for SOA customers from
distributed enterprise to mainframes. Now, SOA Software has solutions
for SOA service management, SOA Registry, SOA XML VPN and SOA Mainframe
Web services.

The company also strengthened its partnerships with industry leaders; it
won large enterprise deals with IBM, was part of BEA's AquaLogic product
launch, Oracle's Fusion Middleware launch and formalized its status as a
CA technology partner.

About SOA Software

SOA Software is the leading provider of comprehensive enterprise-class
SOA management, security, and governance solutions.  SOA Software's
products include the award winning Service Manager(tm), Registry(tm),
XML VPN(tm), and SOLA(tm).  Service Manager provides a high-performance,
scalable SOA Management solution. XML VPN makes it easy for companies to
securely publish B2B Web services for their partners to consume.  SOA
Software's UDDIv3 compliant Registry is the first product to integrate
service discovery with policy and performance management.  And SOLA is
the only production proven mainframe Web services solution for CICS
programmers. These enterprise-class products combine to create the only
complete SOA Infrastructure solution available today.  SOA Software is a
privately held company backed by leading investors including Redpoint,
Mellon Ventures, Palisades Ventures Fund and Paladin Capital Group. For
more information, please visit http://www.soa.com <http://www.soa.com/>

SOA Software and Service Manager are trademarks of SOA Software, Inc.
All other names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their
respective owners.