announce message

Subject: OASIS Member News: Call for Participation--Drummond Group Announces WS-B2B Interoperability Testing

Drummond Group Inc. (DGI) (www.drummondgroup.com) provides conformance and interoperability software testing services. DGI facilitates these testing services under association-branded certification programs as well as under its own Drummond Certified™ program. These are designed for industries to drive adoption of technical standards and certify a stable foundation of software products to support their supply chain. DGI has tested hundreds of software products from numerous international companies.  Our reach extends across the globe as international companies headquartered in Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas have participated in conformance and interoperability tests conducted by DGI.

Why test Web services?
In Drummond Group’s broad test experience with various standards, we recognize the promise of Web services standards. We also recognize the potential hurdles that B2B interoperability issues can cause in slowing market adoption. Since today’s Web services technology is primarily operating inside the company or consumer-oriented services, it is our hope to enable the growth of Web services to go truly business-to-business. By certifying Web services B2B interoperability (specifically WS-I Basic Profile 1.2, WS-I Basic Security Profile 1.1, and eventually WS-I Reliable Secure Profile 1.0), we can fulfill that promise for users and software vendors.

DISCUSSION Phase begins March 5 and continues through April 12 (FREE)

Who is eligible:  Web services toolkit vendors, Web services application vendors, Web services end users
Purpose of Discussion phase:  Participants will provide input on the scope of the Web services B2B (WS-B2B) Test plan through discussions on what use cases should be utilized and how to execute test cases, etc.  The discussion phase will be conducted via e-lists and conference calls. Drummond Group’s test methodology provides the test participant with the opportunity to give input to further refine what and how a specification will be tested.  As in all of our testing, we find it most helpful to concentrate on the interoperability needs of the user community.  By doing so, we reduce the test effort and satisfy user needs.  Your feedback on these issues during the discussion phase is welcome. Drummond Group WS-B2B interoperability test will initially focus on the recently published working drafts of the WS-I Basic Profile 1.2 and the WS-I Basic Security Profile 1.1 with future inclusion of WS-I Reliable Secure Profile 1.0 when its working draft is published.

How to join: Contact yoko@drummondgroup.com by
Feb. 23, 2007, to be included on the e-lists and receive conference call coordinates

Interoperability Test Phase starts:  May 14

(For more detailed information on test participation, please contact Yoko@drummondgroup.com)

Participate in the (March 5-April 13) FREE discussion phase which will finalize the scope of the Web services B2B (WS-B2B) Test by contacting Yoko Nakagawa, Director of Business Development, yoko@drummondgroup.com  or 512.826.2938 by Feb. 23, 2007.