This press release was issued on September 1, 2009 at 9AM EST. We will be at JBoss World booth 110 this week.
SOA Software Announces Support for CXF and XFire on Red Hat's JBoss Enterprise Middleware
Solution Provides First and Last Mile SOA Security and SOA Management
Los Angeles, CA – September, 01, 2009
– SOA Software today announced support for the CXF and XFire service stacks on Red Hat's JBoss Enterprise Application Platform and JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform. This support provides customers with the industry’s
best service SOA security
and SOA management
capabilities without requiring changes to their existing applications or development practices.
SOA Software’s products
provide Unified SOA Governance
Automation for the JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform. This allows customers to confidently use JBoss products as part of a heterogeneous enterprise SOA environment sharing services with other commercial SOA platforms like Microsoft, IBM WebSphere, SAP NetWeaver,
BEA, and Oracle, as well as other open source providers to:
- Ensure that services they identify design and build using JBoss Enterprise Middleware platforms are relevant to and consumable by applications they design, build and deploy using other platforms like SAP and IBM.
- Make services they expose from applications running on the JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform visible to and compliant with enterprise policies defined, enforced and audited across other platforms; and make services they design and build using other platforms
like SAP and open source environments visible to and compliant with enterprise policies defined, enforced and audited across their JBoss Enterprise Middleware applications.
- Promote, ensure and formalize consistent alignment between demand from service consumers and the supply of services through Consumer Contract Provisioning and Enterprise Service Portfolio Management.
- SOA Software’s platform-independent Integrated SOA Governance Automation solution promotes the use of best-practices throughout an enterprise SOA program
regardless of where services and consumers are planned, designed, built, deployed and operated.
“The comprehensive governance capabilities delivered by SOA Software's products are a strong complement to the JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform,” said Pierre Fricke, Director of Product Marketing, Middleware Business Unit, Red Hat. “Together, our products
offer customers a truly enterprise class solution for enterprise services and SOA, allowing them to dramatically reduce their platform costs.”
SOA Software offers agents and delegates for most common Java application servers, .NET, several ESB products and several business process management tools. The agents and delegates are fully functional, platform-native, and non-invasive offering complete
last-mile policy enforcement and first-mile policy implementation including on-board cryptographic operations without having to change any deployed applications or services. SOA Software’s Agent for JBoss SOA Platform deploys into the container to ensure first-
and last-mile security and policy enforcement and implementation for services using any supported SOAP stack including CXF and XFire.
We are excited to extend our support for the growing development community around leading open source service enablement platforms,” said Alistair Farquharson. “Our customers can now be confident that applications built on their JBoss Enterprise Middleware
platforms can be seamlessly governed as part of their enterprise SOA programs.”
- Define and manage run-time policies that will be enforced and implemented by Service Manager’s intermediaries and other standards-based intermediaries
- Security, routing, reliability, mediation, and other run-time policies
- Ensure that policies are being effectively enforced with a comprehensive metrics collection model
- Capture performance and usage metrics according to policies
- Statistically and algorithmically capture comprehensive message data
- Track and manage security and other policy exceptions
- Compare and reconcile collected metrics with policies for audit purposes
- Enforce policies managed by a centralized governance solution
- Consistently enforce policies across all popular service containers including, Java and .NET app servers, ESBs, mainframe, and packaged applications
About SOA Software
SOA Software is a leading provider of unified SOA governance
automation products that enable organizations to successfully plan, build, and run enterprise
services. The world’s largest companies including Bank of America, Verizon, and Pfizer use SOA Software solutions to transform their business. For more information, please visit http://www.soa.com
# # #
SOA Software, Policy Manager, Portfolio Manager, Repository Manager, Service Manager, and SOLA are trademarks of SOA Software, Inc.
All other product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.